Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello the fire,

I have been a lurker, but just registered. Did a little bow shooting 50 years ago, and have rifle and handgun hunted all my life, but am primarily a gun nut, gun tinkerer and competitive pistol and rifle shooter. My son, who is a VERY serious hunter, talked me into going on his first archery elk hunt, a learning experience, backpack trip. He has a 14 year old son, who he wants to take on elk hunts, starting next year, so I am the test subject. We made this decision about a year ago. I have been working on my bow skills and getting in shape, since then. (I am somewhat assured of getting back out of the timber, as he is in really good shape, and claims that, after he field dresses me, he will be able to haul me out!!!!)

I am trying to learn as much about the technical aspects of archery and gain knowledge on hunting area. This site has given me some good tech archery info and some hunting. We are going to hunt norther Colorado, somewhere between units 14 and 7, which we chose based on limited direct knowledge, statistics and geographical location. We plan to hunt mid Sept, and I hope to make a scouting trip the last week of Aug, so any insights I can gain will obviously be very helpful.

Thanks for a great site,

Jackpine

Registered
Welcome to the forum from Arizona.

Registered
Weclome to AT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts