Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to introduce myself and open a thread for a new archer - feel free to throw in your $0.02!

My name is Joe and I live in Massachusetts. I am a Mechanical Engineer for a construction consultant company. Although I am new to archery, I am a life-long hunter, growing up in Southern CA and hunting in SW Arizona. I grew up hunting upland game, waterfowl, rabbits, and have been on a couple rifle deer hunts. After moving to MA, about 3 years ago, I was started to see the futility in trying to bring my rifle, handguns, and shotguns to MA, given the strict regulations around firearms. My father did some extensive bowhunting in his younger years, which gave me my motivation to try picking up a bow. I am still building my kit, however, I have a 2009 Mathews Drenalin (28.5", 60-70#) with a QAD rest and a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie single pin sight. I'll be getting some reps in, soon enough, as I am planning a Texas hog hunt with my aforementioned father. Please let me know if there is anything I should know about the forum, my particular model of bow, hog hunting, etc. Thanks and I look forward to some input!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts