Archery Talk Forum banner

New to AT

595 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  wannabe4937
Hey ladies!

My husband is a regular on AT, so I figured I'd jump in since I'm starting to shoot again.

I started on a Martin Jaguar but sold it when I wasn't able to shoot very often. I just got my Diamond Cutter in today. The draw weight is only 30#, but I wasn't sure how much I could pull since it had been months since I picked up a bow. We will now be ordering some new limbs for it.

So far, I really like it. Very smooth pull. It came with custom strings on it and it seemed like someone took very good care of it and had the cams timed really well!

I managed to pull this off tonight. It was only from 10yds but I'm still pretty proud! Even the hubby hasn't managed to do this so I've got a leg up on him :)

Anyway, I look forward to getting you know you all a little better!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Way to go there Robbin Hood!

Know what you mean I am new to this. But I really enjoy it. I am shooting a Hoyt Super hawk Black 40-50lbs but its at 35 for now. I am getting there.~LOL Congrats again, nice to met ya!

· Premium Member
8,101 Posts
:welcomesign: Welcome to AT :wave3: and the women's forum . . .I started getting in here because of my hubby too . . and now I am in here way more often :chortle: Hope your new limbs get in soon for ya:thumb: I haven't got to shoot for awhile I really need to get back to it:rolleyes: in all my free time :lol:

· Trojan Matriarch....
17,160 Posts
:welcomesign:

:grouphug:

:clap:

Great shot!

· Registered
539 Posts
Welcome to AT! Nothing like making the men look bad ! :rock::cheers:

· Registered
71 Posts
:welcomesign: I robin hooded an arrow last year when my husband was at work and sent him a picture message of it and I was actually mad that I did that cause I had no idea that that was good, i just thought I ruined two arrows!! Shows how much I have learned!! Anyways congrats for you and welcome!!:)

· Registered
6,168 Posts
:welcomesign: I robin hooded an arrow last year when my husband was at work and sent him a picture message of it and I was actually mad that I did that cause I had no idea that that was good, i just thought I ruined two arrows!! Shows how much I have learned!! Anyways congrats for you and welcome!!:)
Haha, that first one really shocked me and I didn't know how difficult it was to do that until my hubby said so. I'm thrilled I was able to do it again!

· Resident Philosopher
11,705 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.