Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

First of all I would like to thank all of you that provided me with responses. To my original question on what your thoughts were on the TenPoint Pro Elite. Secondly I would also like thank those of you that suggested that I consider crossbows from other manufactures. To me the lively exchange that took place at times here on the Archery Talk Crossbow site only helped me with my decision.

Now for what I hope is the next debate... What kind of crossbow targets do you guys shoot at with your crossbows? Are there any 3D Targets that can hold up to a crossbow bolt? One of my biggest concerns is the ease of bolt removal from the target.

Crossbow update: For what it is worth when it was all said and done (and after the dust cleared!) I went with a TenPoint Pro Elite. Maybe more than anything it was the bronze anodizing and attention to detail that pushed me to the TenPoint. Not to mention the fact that the bronze anodizing looks a lot like my Hoyt Ultra Elite compound.

Thanks,

Craig

PS Now can any of you help set me up on a crossbow cougar hunt?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
A good bag target is the best for arrow removal and easiest on the arrows. Several companies make good ones.
Randy

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats on getting your crossbow I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine in the end what setup did you get ?? how is it setup ??

I use the Morell eternity bag target for field points,, and the block target for broadheads cabella`s has their own version of these targets for a lot better price,
as fars as a good 3d target for a deer target I would have to say the Makenzie, Glendale buck . I have a cheap 3d deer which is holding up ok but arrow removal is hard I have been told that if I use an unscented bar of soap ont the arrow shafts that the arrows will be ablle to be removed much easier..
again congradulations on getting a great crossbow.. let us know how you like her..

·
Registered
445 Posts
The bag type targets work well for field points. I still haven't found a foam target that is very durable for broadheads. I bought a cheap 3-D deer a couple of years ago and it has held up as well to broadheads as any other target I've tried. One thing I'd suggest is a good arrow puller for foam targets. The best puller I've found is one by Dan Miller of Horizontal Archery in Sardis Ohio. (740) 483-2312

·
Registered
8 Posts
crossbow target.

I use the block for crossbows It works great for removal and holds up well. I have the same crossbow so I know it will work. BTW i got my target new on Ebay for $48 including shipping new in the box. I shot at the glendale buck for 3D it works just as well as the block but slightly deeper into the target. Don;t use the Morrell arrow target. You will go right throught. Good luck... EBay all the way...

TOm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts