Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellas you are going to love this one, I've been a Mathews fanboy for 10 years and now I'm jumping ship for Hoyt since I do not like the direction Mathews is heading with their short ATA bows. I'm looking at buying a used Spyder 34 and I'm finding out there are some differences between a 29" DL in a 2.1 cam as compared to a 29" DL in a 3.1 cam. Is it true that one will produce more speed while the other will produce a longer valley?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
It is true. I am a 29" draw and I own a 34 with the #2.1 cam and I love it, the valley is still very comfortable on this new RKT cam even in the E-slot. In that configuration mine is going 12fps over advertised IBO however all of the Spyders are doing a good 5-7fps over advertised anyway. Another option for you to look at would be the Turbo using the 3.1 cam in the C slot it is a little bit better position than the 34 using the same # 3.1 cam in the A slot.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your Spyder 34 was chrono'd at 342fps with a 29" draw and 2.1 cams????? I would be very happy if mine does 330 with the 3.1 cams!!!

It is true. I am a 29" draw and I own a 34 with the #2.1 cam and I love it, the valley is still very comfortable on this new RKT cam even in the E-slot. In that configuration mine is going 12fps over advertised IBO however all of the Spyders are doing a good 5-7fps over advertised anyway. Another option for you to look at would be the Turbo using the 3.1 cam in the C slot it is a little bit better position than the 34 using the same # 3.1 cam in the A slot.

·
Shoot-Through
2,095 Posts
From my experience, the #2 cam at the high end stacks pretty hard. However, the #3 at the low end has little valley but draws smooth - almost spiral like.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be happy with anything around 315fps with my 403gr arrow.

From my experience, the #2 cam at the high end stacks pretty hard. However, the #3 at the low end has little valley but draws smooth - almost spiral like.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
So your Spyder 34 was chrono'd at 342fps with a 29" draw and 2.1 cams????? I would be very happy if mine does 330 with the 3.1 cams!!!
No it's 332 fps with an IBO arrow at 29/60 so if you add another 10fps for draw length it's a 342 IBO bow. BTW those speeds are with a peep and loop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts