Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to join a winter league and I was wondering what I would need on my setup? any special release or anything like that.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Leagues are fun.:)

Bring what you got and just try to shoot your average and you will do fine. Leagues are handicapped so it all evens out sorta. IT will teach you how to deal with distractions and pressure and make you a better shooter. Also, shooting alot of arrows as best you can at league will raise your skills and confidence.

Just keep it fun, relax and don't stress about the bad shooting nights. We ALL have those.

Enjoy

OX

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Winter league

shoot what ya bring, then work up from there...if need to.

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
What we try to explain to the new shooters at our league is that the only person you are competing with is yourself. Your goal should be to try and improve your scores each week. Don't worry what anyone else score is. Have fun and listen to and ask questions of those you are shooting with. When I coach my daughter we have what I call the three second rule. Weather you make a good shot or a bad shot only think about it for three seconds and then forget about it and concentrate on the next target.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Joined a spot league at our shop last year for the first time, shot with my 3d setup, cut the #s back a little and then was all set. Had alot of fun, can't wait for it to start again this year.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Excellent advice from all.

Oh yea, you just might win this year. The handicaps usually favor those that improve each week, like new people do. Those of us that average 299's get killed if we drop a few points even one week. So go out and enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts