Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a bow with binary cams. can some people that maybe own one of these, have owned and maybe had other bows tell me which they like best. smoothness and shootablility are my main focus since my selection here are pretty fast anyways.

so the three i'm thinking about are all used '09 models.....Pearson TX4, HCA Speed Pro and Elite GT500....what do you guys think? which one is the better shooter? i have an '08 TX4 i'm considering maybe trading or swaping out the cams for some R2B2's.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Cant go wrong with a gt500. These bows are as good as they come. Imho i cant tell the difference in draw tuneability and performance between the elite rev cams, new breed cams, athens cams, and the r2b2 cams from pearson so any of those choices would be excellent
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
bowtech destroyer 340 or 350

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Elite GT500

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
New Breed Archery

If smoothness is a concern then please look at a New Breed Genetix. It has a TRUE 345 IBO from a cam system that feels like no other speed cam on the market. My 60 lb. Cyborg draws like its on 50 lbs. You get proven quality Barnsdale solid or split limbs, speed, quietness, AWESOME customer service and something different:darkbeer:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If smoothness is a concern then please look at a New Breed Genetix. It has a TRUE 345 IBO from a cam system that feels like no other speed cam on the market. My 60 lb. Cyborg draws like its on 50 lbs. You get proven quality Barnsdale solid or split limbs, speed, quietness, AWESOME customer service and something different:darkbeer:
sounds promising. have you chronographed any arrows with it yet?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
My Cyborg has a 7 5/8" brace height and is basically 38" axle to axle and has an IBO of 330. Im shooting 27" Fatboy 400's with 100 grain points, 28.5" draw, and 60 lbs. 284 feet per second. The Genetix is a solid 345 IBO and is still smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys. right now it's a toss up between elite and HCA. so far i've good luck with pearson and they are pretty good for the $$. i've been jonesn an HCA for awhile, but also like the looks of the elites. black risers with camo limbs look awsome. other than that i think the new pearson legend would be a good shooter too, but i jst can't afford to spend alot right now....if i could i may be willing to try out a new breed or destroyer.

one more question....which do you think is better? a 50-60lbs. bow maxed out or a 60-70 set on 60-62lbs?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Cyborg has a 7 5/8" brace height and is basically 38" axle to axle and has an IBO of 330. Im shooting 27" Fatboy 400's with 100 grain points, 28.5" draw, and 60 lbs. 284 feet per second. The Genetix is a solid 345 IBO and is still smooth and quiet.
my '08 TX4 i think has a 330 IBO too. i've been doing a little more poking around and jst don't really know what i want now...lol. new breeds have really good reviews and seem like a really good cs, but the only thing holding me back is the grip doesn't look to comfie. so far here's what i got...

1. HCA SPEED PRO
2. ELITE GT 500
3. PEARSON TX4 w/ R2B2 cams
4. QUEST PRIMAL
5. NEW BREED GENETIX - may be the best out of these, but if i'm spending money then i don't want something that looks like may have cut corners (CHEESY LOOKING GRIP).

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
If you haven't shot an Athens,you NEED to shoot one. Out of all the bows I've owned the past year,it's my favorite. I would state this even without being on staff,the bow is that good. I own an 82nd Airborne as a backup,and while I like it,it's only 4fps faster than the Accomplice,and WAY less forgiving.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i've never liked bowtech....my buddy loves them tho. i jst could never see how a $350 bow could be way smoother and jst as fast with a 10lbs. less draw weight then his supposibly top of the line $800 one.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The grip is done that way on purpose

We had tons of request for this style of grip. So no corner cutting here. It is machined that way on purpose and infact we have to have 3D work done to the riser to get it just right, this typically cost more because it requires more machine time and less blending by hand which is not as consistant as 3D machining from bow to bow. We also made our shelf that way to keep the hand from slipping up the grip, so that grip placement is very consistant from shot to shot - day to day, and to allow for an array of rest to be mounted on the bow, without clearance issues.

We feel our bow is one of the best out there because we don't cut corners and many hours of thought and listening to the consumer went into the making and designing of New Breed's line of bows.

All the bows you have listed are good choices and good luck picking the one that works for you.
thanks,
Kyle

my '08 TX4 i think has a 330 IBO too. i've been doing a little more poking around and jst don't really know what i want now...lol. new breeds have really good reviews and seem like a really good cs, but the only thing holding me back is the grip doesn't look to comfie. so far here's what i got...

1. HCA SPEED PRO
2. ELITE GT 500
3. PEARSON TX4 w/ R2B2 cams
4. QUEST PRIMAL
5. NEW BREED GENETIX - may be the best out of these, but if i'm spending money then i don't want something that looks like may have cut corners (CHEESY LOOKING GRIP).

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
We had tons of request for this style of grip. So no corner cutting here. It is machined that way on purpose and infact we have to have 3D work done to the riser to get it just right, this typically cost more because it requires more machine time and less blending by hand which is not as consistant as 3D machining from bow to bow. We also made our shelf that way to keep the hand from slipping up the grip, so that grip placement is very consistant from shot to shot - day to day, and to allow for an array of rest to be mounted on the bow, without clearance issues.

We feel our bow is one of the best out there because we don't cut corners and many hours of thought and listening to the consumer went into the making and designing of New Breed's line of bows.

All the bows you have listed are good choices and good luck picking the one that works for you.
thanks,
Kyle
I'll bet that is a good feeling grip.. almost like shooting off the riser which means less torque.:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 26 Posts