Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm too dumb/lazy to figure this out on my own. Carbon Matrix was just delivered. #3 cam, 30" DL, set at 60 lbs.
For the last 5 years I have been shooting Easton St. epic 340, 9.4 gpi, with 100 g tips with my Mathews LX. According to shaft selection guides, should I keep the same arrows, or buy something different? (I'm not looking for personal preference)

If you need additional info to answer the question, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
340 too stiff for that bow. I mean, you can get them to fly good out of it. But, 400 spine would be a better option

·
Registered
50,312 Posts
Have you tried them? Try them first and see if they work for you. I think they may be a bit over spined but with your length they should be just fine. Again try them you have NOTHING to loose.
If you think they may be a bit too much spine shoot them with a 125 grain tip that will weaken them some. But I always feel a tad stiff is better than a tad weak.:wink:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried them last night and couldn't get them to group like I recall with my LX. I will compare shooting 100 g and 125 g tonight and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts