Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on AT. I'm new to the sport so I have alot of questions. I bought a bow last week, it"s a 2007 Bowtech Guardian, 50-60 draw weight 29" draw. The bow came with a w/b rest and a Tru-Glow 4 pin round sight.

I went and got the bow set up at a local archery shop, had a peep put on, and bought some arrows. The bow shot GREAT, but the problem I'm having is that I'm having a difficult time seeing the pins. Maybe cause I'm 57yrs old.

Dose any one have any suggestion?

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
welcome to a great web site and welcome to archery!!!

you might want to try checking the peep sight hole size. maybe try one with a larger hole, or drill a larger hole in the one you have.

·
Registered
326 Posts
First off welcome to Archery talk glad to have you. As far as the problem you are having maybe you could try a bigger peep size. If that didn't work for you there is a peep that is called a verifier peep that helps to clear up the pins if you have poor vision. Hope this help's you out. I believe specialty archery products make the verifier.

·
Registered
57 Posts
welcom to archery

hi i hope all is well i have used a peep called the c-peep that wasnt a complete circle that may help you out take care

·
Registered
580 Posts
:welcomesign: to AT

I'm thinking the same thing as said before. Might need a little bigger hole in the peep. Do NOT however try to drill out the hole while it is it the string. That would be extremely dangerous for both you and the bow.

Best bet is to just get the next size bigger and have the local archery pro install it unless you are comfortable doing it yourself.

Hope you enjoy it here as you will be spending more time here than you ever thought possible.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Welcome to the sport, have fun which ever way you choose to shoot your bow.

Look at all the sights/pins/scopes or barebow styles, but get comfortable with your shooting. If your target image is clear, you'll find a combo that will work.

This will answer a lot of form questions for you as they come up, save this.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=453861

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Welcome to the timeless brotherhood of Archery.

Get a bigger peep site.
Like a 1/4 G5 Meta Peep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts