Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been an archery shooter for about ten years. Started with recurve and now have both a recurve and compound, Hoyt Vortec w/zr 200 limbs. I am shooting 65 lbs. I recently fell off a ladder and had to have surgery on my left hand. (I am right handed)Now I am back to shooting again but the wieght is to much for my bow hand.
Would I be better off putting lower wieght limbs on my Hoyt? If so what should I exspect to pay? Or should I just start with a new bow of lower poundage? I really like the bow but don't want to end up spending money on a useless effort.
Thanks
Pat

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
I have seen people come back from shoulder surgery but they usually start with a bow of about #50 and work their way up. If your compound will not go that low then you should probably look for a good used bow.

I don't know the cost of replacing the limbs but it's probably going to be expensive. Maybe someone else knows the cost to replace them.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I got a lower poundage set of limbs for my Jennings and they ran right at $100. It was easier and less expensive than a new bow. It saved me having to set up another bow, new or used, since I was already familiar with the one I already had.

Bowgal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts