1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
welcome aboard

·
In the begining God......
3,728 Posts
If you are new to the archery or just hunting, I would suggest 3D shooting, They are a blast. But DON'T I repeat DON'T confuse the vitals of a deer with the scoring rings of a foam target.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Drop them on the spot everytime
not sure if this is a joke but seroiusly....................
I have never aimed there but i know it WILL indeed kill a deer rather quickly if you get the artery...........IF you hit the artery!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
not funny... a beginner is asking for help here. And, if you were serious, then name one bowhunting organization that would advocate, or even approve of, that shot.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Im new to the hunting game but I love it . Could someone show me the deers vitals? I know its a little early but I like to be on top of my game

Asquire, it's never too early to learn to make a clean, human kill. Glad you're asking before you go out and injure an animal.

If you're state does not require bowhunter education, you may want to take a look at this course material from the national bowhunter education foundation. It will get you off to a great start!

http://www.bowhunter-ed.com/mt/index.htm

·
Registered
6,935 Posts

I honestly don't think it's a good idea to be directing a new archer to aim for the hind quarter of a Deer! This is a pretty risky shot in my honest opinion.You'll kill the Deer IF you hit the artery there! The modern archer has trained himself & fine tuned his shooting skills to hit a Deer's vitals!

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
Joke or not....it's not even funny.I can think of a person that would suggest that to a newbie taking a shot there.Would a mod please delete the pic.
I disagree, I think it was funny.

Shall we have the mods delete all traces of sarcasm and humor on the entire board? This place is going to be a lot of fun in the future. Do we no longer give ANYONE any credit for having the ability to recognize an obvious joke?

Lighten up guys, there's not going to be a whole generation of hunters running around shooting deer in the butt because of a joke on an internet forum. :confused:

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I disagree, I think it was funny.

Shall we have the mods delete all traces of sarcasm and humor on the entire board? This place is going to be a lot of fun in the future. Do we no longer give ANYONE any credit for having the ability to recognize an obvious joke?

Lighten up guys, there's not going to be a whole generation of hunters running around shooting deer in the butt because of a joke on an internet forum. :confused:
You my see it as funny,but i don't...same as others.I guess if he showed a head shot...that would be funny too...Geeze.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.