Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting bows for over 15 years. I started with a compound and still going that route. Lately I have been considering a change to trad.

I am a 26 1/2 inch draw, and plan on using this for hunting once I get really really used to shooting( at least 1 maybe 2 years before I take it to the woods)

If anyone has any advice as to a good bow at resonable prices that would fit my specs please let me know.

Oh my compounds are 74 pounds. If it helps.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I would start with 45 pounds [which is plenty for deer hunting ]. You will get different opinions because choosing a bow is a personal preference.
I've shot a lot of bows in my life and I found out the hard way ...you dont have to spend a lot of money to get a decent bow.
Check out the Samick Redstag recurve, I've heard good things about that bow. If you dont mind a metal riser bow,,,check out the Quinn Stallion 260.00 bucks...best recurve I've shot yet. You could check out E-bay for a used bow too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i have to agree with 45 lbs and if you want im selling a bow right handed recurve for 150 but if you would like to buy it and your just starting off ill give it to you for 125 i got it for 200 and never used it its like new pm me back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts