Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best arrows to shoot out of a Kodiak Hunter 50 pounds? I have 2016 with 5" Feathers. I am looking into some wood arrows but just wondering what would be best to shoot. I would also like to try carbons for the durability but was told they dont shoot very good. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Carbons shoot fine if you do your part. If your looking for recomendations state your draw lenth and intended point weight and your sure to get help.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just noticed the specs in your sig line. I shoot a similar setup and I really like carbons. I go with a 500 spine and the results have been great for me. I use weight tubes and 125 gr tips but heavier tips are certainly an option as well to get an arrow weight that makes sense. And these days, they make some carbons with the trad shooter in mind that start out with a high GPI.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Your 2016's are 61 spine. If they shoot good and you want to go to wood, get 60-65 spine wood. Same length and point weight should work.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Depending on your draw length and the arrow length , your 2016's could be very close to perfect. I shoot a recurve that is 47 lbs @ 28" and my draw is around 27". 2016's cut to 29" with a 125gr point fly perfecly for me. I don't really shoot the aluminums any more because I came into quite a few gold tip 35/55 arrows at a good price from one of my friends at the archery club.I was lucky, they were already cut to 29 1/8" and they give me great bare shaft fight out to around 30 yds with a 145gr point. As far as accuracy goes , If I do my part with form, they are very consistent. The thing I really like about carbon is the durability. My main archery goal is becoming as good a 3d shooter as possible. For me , carbons just hold up better!!
There is a lot of good info on this forum about arrow tuning and spine. Do a search on arrow tuning and get a cup of coffee. Or just take your 2016's and go shooting. Good luck and have fun.....

Ike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts