Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you all attend a tournament put on for the shooters by the shooters. An all new format. Higher payouts. 4 total classes including elite open, pro, open and ultimate hunter. between $3,000 and 5,000 first place? Other events that pay out all day?
If so, let me hear from you. We are looking to put on a terrific event next year Near Washington DC.

It will be called the SLAM!!!!

More info to follow...........

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't forget to put a recurve class in there! We still like to compete too.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
sounds real good

very interested.sounds like a great plan for a shoot let us know where and roughly when.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We can do a recurve class but I wasn't sure what the interest would be. I will have to research that class and determine what prizes will be.

I should have information and a website up shortly. stay tuned.....

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
darkarcher, when will the slam be held??? time frame.....what month are you anticipating this???

sounds like a great shoot.....id do my best to bring a crew there to take some of your easy cash;) :p :D .....

do you plan on having any womens classes...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Darkarcher,

Sounds like an awesome plan. Count me in....let me know if there is anything I can help with!

Scoobs

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been debating the womens class issue. Correct me if I am wrong but in my observations women can shoot just as well as most of the men. I don't quiet understand the difference. I would like to hold the shoot open to ALL competitors and then determine the interest for a womens class. If I get enough interest prior to the shoot I will create a womens open class. I need to get a feel for who will attend.

The format is awesome!!!! The money should be too. People will have more opportunities to make money. There will be alot of fun and exciting activities going on all day. The finals is the part that will set the tournament apart from the rest.

I cant tell you more right now. I would like to hear from the women. If they want a class I will give them one.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks scooby. I will. You could help by seeing if the ladies would like their own class or if they want to shoot with the guys. We all shoot the same equipment at around the same speed right?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry for not fully answering your question. I need to find out what the dates are for the ASA shoots so there isn't a conflict. I will let you know once I speak with Mike

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
thanks darkarcher....sounds like you got a good one coming....will be looking forward to bringing the north carolina contingency with me....as you are fully aware....all the best 3ders are from north carolina.....matter fact....i predict half the victors will hail from north carolina....and the other half wish they were from the carolinas....home of cheerwine, pepsi, mt dew and moonpies....

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Sounds like a good idea.

Onebowtie, Tennessee has lot of GREAT archers too. Also, you the people in North Carolina are nothing but a bunch of Tennessee rejects:p :D ;) :) ;) :D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
n2bows easy there buddy! who you calling a reject!:D

i would like to come and shoot and i do feel there should be a womens class. we may shoot the same equipment we are not equal in competition. have a look at the mens scores and the womens scores in all venues. i am not scared to give it a go but it might prevent other women from going thinking they have to compete against the men! something to think about, sounds like a fun time:cool:

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
n2bows said:
Sounds like a good idea.

Onebowtie, Tennessee has lot of GREAT archers too. Also, you the people in North Carolina are nothing but a bunch of Tennessee rejects:p :D ;) :) ;) :D
hehe, well you know what they say...tennessee is only a tank of fuel away...and when you run out...you gotta stay somewhere....and looks like we left the orange bellys behind to get throttled by the likes of nebraska, fla, and whomever else fields a real football team :D ;) :p

·
Registered
591 Posts
Weird Idea

I have a weird Idea - someone with more 3D experience and payout type determination experience needs to see if this would work.

Have the men and women in the same class - BUT, for the top women, sweeten the payout.

Some assumptions on my part - payouts would be like Vegas - 40 or more something like that. If there are alot of women who go to shoot, the total number of shooters increase - means more money in the pot, more payout. If you sweeten the women payout for the first few women in the payout structure, you might lure some more in.

I also assume that the women wouldn't be as high up in the final results - I hope I'm wrong on that - but if one was, make the payout for that gal only as high as the top man, not higher.

Wonder if it would work to get more women to come and pay their money to shoot.

·
I'd rather be hunting!
1,894 Posts
Bowtie can you still call the Gators a real football team?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
New Tournament

ONEBOWTIE

Comeon now , I know NC is a great state but it is NOT the home of Moon Pies. Tha t distinction belongs to Chattanooga, Tennessee. We distribute that delicious commodity to one and all.

LOL

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
DA,

I kinda agree with Kward on this one about having the women in their own class. There may be a lot of newbies also willing to try their hand at shooting and if they feel they have to compete against the men, might be a deterant. Not a problem for me shooting against the guys but if you want to have more women participating in archery, you pretty much either leave them with their own class.

JMO......

Hey bowtie.........I hear they grow pretty darn good shooters here in PA too (and pretty ones to boot!) :D

Scoobs

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree should be a women's class.I know my better half would not compete in a men's class.She does hold her own in the local shoots shooting womens hunter.Only shooting 40# at around 204 fps...........OBT we are only about an hour above you in Madison.We shoot the GPAA clubs.You ever up this way check us out..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts