Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got an ultratec!! Camo, xt2000, cam & 1/2. Gonna call it my "work in progress". With that said, some of you known gurus care to point me which way to go? From color to cams. Great thanks in advance!!

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
You've got one of the best bows Hoyt has made.

Mine is kept as my primary hunting bow. Wife's and son's are set up as their target bows.

What are you looking to do?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tear it apart and go through it. While you have it apart look at having it dipped, pick which pattern or scheme you want the possibilities are endless. I am planning on doing this with a AR34 Blade I am getting. Check out patterns at Ozark Hydrographics.
Riser will remain Black, the limb pocket that are red will be changed to either gloss or flat black and the Limbs will be done in Inferno the Cams will match the limb pockets which ever way i decide to go on them.
There are so many variables it's insane.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oppps. The limbs will be wildfire not inferno. I don't think the skulls will be small enough to look right on them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If its gonna be a 3d bow, Id put spiral cams on it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am now actually researching patterns trying to visionize how it would come together. I saw the viper pattern for the limbs EARLY this morning that is freaking awesome looking as well. The viper pattern is in Alaska Hydrographics and looks awesome. Color is not a game breaker, as I understand it you pick whatever color you want it to be. The only issue WE as archers will have is wether or not the pattern will be sized to our application.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about stripping and polishing my pockets and cams and then establish a gray and orange scheme or black and flo yellow

·
Registered
155 Posts
AHHHH the old bumbelbee look. It would be fast if you had a metal finishing place in your area. They could blast the finish and not harm the underlying material. There are several different media's they can use and they will/should know which to use on what materials. As far as polishing after the paint, and what have you are removed you basically start with a paste like Flitz and a dremel with the buffing attachments and work it over until you get to where you want it with that. Then use jewelers rouge in various grits and starting with one that feels finer ten the flitz and polish, polish, polish and polish some more.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
You can remove the anodizing from the cams and pockets with EZ Off oven cleaner. Put the parts in a plastic pail and soak them down good. Keep swirling the parts around and you'll see the color coming out. After that some super fine paper and a buffing wheel will shine them right up like jewelry.

Here's an '04 that was originally camouflage with Cam.5 and 2000s. Now it has target black '06 2000s and 2010 SpiralX cams. We put 60X harnessing on it, too (452X with Halo end servings).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts