Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I got back into shooting traditional . Back in the 50s and 60s it was called instinctive.
By chance at a Fair in Pa. where I was selling my jewelry (www.marshallsmagneticjewelry.c o,) I visited a vendor tent selling surplus military and other goods.
I was browsing when I spied a bin with a bunch of Brownell bowstring. I needed to get some string to make up new ones for my bows so I bought the entire bin.
I got to experimenting with an idea on making a unique bowstring that would have the visual appeal of a Flemish twist and the durability of an endless bowstring.
I totally redesigned my string jig and worked out a way to actually weave an endless bowstring. I can make literally hundreds of color combinations .
For some reason these woven strings transmit energy to the arrow more efficiently. I have done some chrono tests comparing regular endless with my new woven matrix endless and usually pick up 4 to 5 fps. I have made about a dozen of them and have them out to various shooters Including some at Black Swan Archery.

I Have been shooting two test bows for about 3 months now with the original strings and like the results.
I will shortly have them available through my website.
I am going to give Archery Talk members first shot at purchasing these.

I can usually build a regular endless bowstring in about 30 minutes. I have built Flemish strings in about an hour. The process for making this woven matrix takes about 2hours of hand work plus I stretch the finished strings on a 120lb counter rotating stretching machine I built that really sets the weave.

I figure I can make 4 or 5 of these in a day so they will be quite limited production wise.
I will be selling them for $50.00. I know this is expensive for a traditional string, but there has never been a string like this.
I will custom build to AMO specs or to exact measurements of existing strings.

until I get the info up on my website if you are interested you ca PM me.
I am going to post several replys to this showing more detail

This is a video of the first one I made.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Line Slope

This is a chart showing the bows used and the results of the first chronograph tests.
I tested two bows using idential length and strand strings. one a plain endless and the other my new matrix weave. Both tests were done by shooting the same arrow through the chronograph ten times with each string then averaging the speeds.
I am not the most consistent recurve shooter so I did this to account for my anchor point not being exact.When I did the test with the 55lb bow I overdrew the last shot way past my normal anchor point just to see what would happen. I got a speed of 194 fps with the regular string and 198 with the Matrix string.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fashion accessory Metal

These are the colors and string I have at this time. It is all Brownell.

If you are interested in having a string made. These are the colors I have. I can make one from just one color, two colors, three colors.or four colors.

I use dyneema for the end loop serving and also the center serving. If you are partial to more traditional Mono filament I have some black bcy center serving and also a dull green nylon center serving.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The "science " behind this new string making process.
I have had some recent conversations with Arvid Danielson , the inventor of the Black Swan bows. He developed a matrix of carbon,and ceramic to make a bow limb that transfers energy faster . I have a total non engineering mind and actually failed algebra in HS, but I am pretty good at looking at machines and altering their functions to work better.
I used to run a martial arts school and have studied how our muscles can be used to deliver extreem energy by learning different ways of accelerating them.
Our muscular system is basically a loosely woven system one end of a muscle is attached to a bone with a tendon and usually that muscle slips over or under another muscle to connect by tendon to bone. This loosely woven matrix of muscle when relaxed can move quickly and when tightened can become very rigid or solid as the muscles contract over or under each other.

I used this concept and designed a weaving pattern that resembles how the muscles are arranged. so when the bow is drawn, the string is very rigid when released it becomes supple. and then extremely rigid again when it pushes the arrow away.

In the Kung Fu I learned this process in a human was called water stone. When you kick or punch you are water , relaxed and you only become stone at the very moment of contact. Humans naturally when throwing a punch instinctively tighten all their muscles when punching or kicking and this would seem the correct action to do, but you end up tightening opposing muscles and actually slow the strike or kick.
Not to go to deep into the martial Arts.

I figured, overlapping the bowstring components similar to our muscular system may enhance the energy transfer.

In the first testing I have done this seems to be the case. The Matrix bowstring provided a speed increase.

I am currently doing a lot of weight lifting and exercising so I can control the 55lb bow better and will do this chrono test every two weeks to see if the results change.
I am also going to re assemble my shooting machine and adapt it to recurves and do some non human testing.

Muscle Human Illustration Human anatomy Arm

This is a rendering of our muscular system. notice how the muscles are loosely woven. especially legs and arms.
Line

If you look at the weaving pattern you can see the similarity.

I have this horrible feeling all the engineer experts will be jumping all over this, but this is how I think and whether my "science" is correct, or incorrect. There is a speed increase.

So if you want to be one of the first of a very few shooters to use these "TURBONOCK MATRIX ENDLESS BOWSTRINGS" PM ME!

$50.00 YOU PICK THE COLORS AND SERVING. BUILT TO AMO SPECS OR TO THE EXACT DIMENSIONS OF YOUR STRING.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Recreation Grass Wildlife biologist Hunting

I just got an e-mail from one of my first test shooters for the endless bowstring.

John Brosig is a Texas Hunter and shoots a Black Swan Hybrid and has Turbonock T-4s on his arrows and I sent him an endless woven bowstring just last week.

This is his e-mail

I shot this pig at 640a at 10 yds. I shot with my Black Swan Hybrid #50 bow . My bow is strung with the endless woven bowstring. My bow is quieter with this string. I was also using thre Turbo Knocks on my arrows. They are both great products . I will continue to use them and tell others about them.
Thanks
John Brosig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.