Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to feed the frenzy yet more with stories of new products, I am currently testing some very interesting new cams due out late this year or early next year, available from Europe.

The cam is a twin cam designed to be shot as a shoot through cable system, and the design of the cam has meant that I am able to to shoot arrows that are 5 or even 6 spines lighter than the normally recommended spine!

I am also achieving remarkable arrow speeds equivalent to an IBO rating of 315fps and more.

More Information later, but for now some pictures:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Those look pretty good...

Is the string attached to that "notch" in the lobe?? and if not what this the notch for??

What kind of brace height and AtoA and draw length are you using to get that 315??

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Guess is.
This is yet another attempt to make the original pretty useless bow hardly ever seen at top shoots something different, in a vain attempt to make some money from a total failure. So its just a revamped cam idea on a very ordinary bow from a firm headed by a guy who is a legend in his own mind. So don't get worked up or lose any sleep over this one. The hype is far greater than the product.

Defiant

·
Banned
636 Posts
Sorry, but it looks very similar to the fury-X system.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Looks just like a cam I saw Don Kudlacheck shooting at the washington state championships. I thought that was his cam, that he was making.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to you guys that have answered with constructive comments, no thanks to those that lower themselves to the level of the mob. I posted here as this is what this open forum should enable us to do, to keep archers informed of new products, if people are attacked for doing so people will stop telling us about new products! Simple as that.

George: I will keep your comments in mind :)

CentreX: The string does attach to the notch in the lobe. When I first saw it I was concerned it would be too sharp for the strands, but extensive testing has not shown any problems.

You have to remember that the IBO rating is based upon some fixed values, such as drawlength, poundage, arrow weight etc, etc.(difficult to always relate the IBO rating of bows to the real world, but a standard is standard after all). I have the bow set to a 50lb peak, ATA of 36.5", Brace height of around 7"(bit of a lie really, depends where you measure to for Brace height!). I am shooting a 26.5" shaft with a 1000 spine arrow(i.e the same spine as my fiance!!!). With all that in mind a 270fps through the speed gun is pretty hot.

My rough measurements have given just less than 60% let off, but the real nice part is the feel of the draw and back wall, and a really smooth transfer of power during the release, this alone accounts for the spine of arrow I am using. I did start my testing with my normal 500 spine arrow which came out massively too stiff. I worked back to the 1000 spine at which point I got bullet hole paper tear for EVERY arrow I shot at whatever distance I shot it. (and I was too scared to go any further down the spine chart despite the extremely quiet bow noise GT:) )

GRIV: Well spotted :)

Jim Toth: I was aware of that, but I would say there are many pieces of equipment on the market that "look" the same, but "work" and "perform" completely differently! :)

Mloncar: Bow is an Alternative Exact, A not universally known, but World Championships and British Championship medal winning bow all the same ;)

Regards

Tim

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Jim Toth: I was aware of that, but I would say there are many pieces of equipment on the market that "look" the same, but "work" and "perform" completely differently!
Exactly,
Check your PM's. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Exactly said:

Mloncar: Bow is an Alternative Exact, A not universally known, but World Championships and British Championship medal winning bow all the same ;)

Regards

Tim

thanks! i like the riser (shot trought design) by Exact! i was surfing on their site and i found out a very interesting bow system (on the picture) - exact riser and hoyt limbs :D

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
NOT Exact

This guy is Johan van Dongen from the Netherlands, And here he is shooting his unique bow build by himself, with - yes - hoyt limbs

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JDES900X said:
Exactly,
Check your PM's. :)
Just have... Thanks

conquest2: Thanks... Johan is a truely nice guy, I am lucky to know this guy personally and have had the pleasure of his company on the shooting line and in my group at field tournaments. Sadly his own riser broke prior to the World Champs in New York this year and had to buy a Hoyt from his local dealer, despite this he had a strong showing in his first international competition.

He is now in the process of designing and building a replacement for the broken riser. I wish him every success.

mloncar: Thanks, I currently shoot this bow in Single Cam form, with a shoot through cable system. I am testing these new twin cams to compliment the shoot through design of the riser and cable system, and so far the results have been very promising.

Regards

Exactly

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
MLONCAR,

Where do you live in Slovenia? The reason that I ask is because I do business with a factory called Lip Radomlje in Lubianna.
Just curios.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Is it my eyes or is there some serious cam lean in that bow Johan is shooting. Maybe an optical illusion, at least I hope it is!

Jon

·
Registered
300 Posts
pronghorn said:
MLONCAR,

Where do you live in Slovenia? The reason that I ask is because I do business with a factory called Lip Radomlje in Lubianna.
Just curios.
i live about 80km from Ljubljana (the capital city of Slovenia)! i live in city called Celje :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Exactly,
So those are the cams you were talking about. Very curious to see them in real life and try them of course :cool: . Are the cables closer together than with the shoot through system on the single cam? That system had the cables a little bit wide for me.

Defiant, if you don't like them, don't buy them. They don't sell as much bows as Hoyt, Martin, PSE,........... (ok, this could become quite a long list ;) ) but this doesn't mean they are a failure. I like the idea of some smaller companies trying to get their share of the market. Companies like Quos and OK are not really known by most people but I like these too. The more brands on the market, the bigger the chance of something really new and improved.
The "Alternative exact" can't be that bad. Exactly sometimes even beats me on a field round with that one. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Goby said:
Exactly,
So those are the cams you were talking about. Very curious to see them in real life and try them of course :cool: . Are the cables closer together than with the shoot through system on the single cam? That system had the cables a little bit wide for me.
Yep, The cables are closer together, less room for the arrow to pass through but as I have discovered, there is no problem with clearance...

S

·
0 Posts
The main problem I have seen with the shot thru system is the cable fray that the peep sight causes on the cables, with your sustem being closer will that not affect it even more?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Sean,
As many know I've been shooting the shoot-thru systems for a long time. I have seen a few instances where the peep could tick the cable after every shot. Most of the time it involved using some of the larger "insert" type peep sights and my own experience with some of the adjustable peeps out there. Sometimes, a string rotating as the bow is drawn can cause the string to oscillate more in slow motion. I haven't encountered any peep contact using the rope on the release, either, only with a string loop. This much I can guarantee you, it happens after the arrow has left the string. So that leads us to believe that anything we can do to "lighten" the string by removing nock sets, silencers, etc., will help to reduce string oscillation after the shot. In contrast, you could add speed buttons at the cams to accomplish this as well. As far as nock sets are concerned, I've always tied my own. If that doesn't work try increasing two strands at a time on your bowstring until you find the right balance between quickness and stability. Slow motion video of the Fury X cams reveals tremendous evidence that any lateral nock travel is confined to the area within the width of the nock, maybe 1/8" whereas there were many instances of cable guard setups averaging 1/2" with no less than 3/8", with as much as 7/8" of lateral string deviation during the powers stroke. Ask PRO1, he was there. We have learned a tremendous amount about the four cable system, with the results culminating in some great new designs about to be released. Shoot-thru two cams? A Martin First. Completely Torque-free Shoot-thru solo cam? A Martin First. A shoot-thru hybrid? Been there too. More advancements in archery technology on the horizon? You bet. If you want to talk about nock travel, then you need to consider vertical AND HORIZONTAL nock travel. Straight, Level nock travel? We've had that for years with various makes and models of two cams. Want perfect horizontal and vertical nock travel, straight and level, with perfect column loading on the back of your shaft? Then your next bow should be 2004' Martin.

Coming to a dealer near you in 36 Days......

1 - 20 of 54 Posts