Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the kind suggestions from the folks on this forum, I decided to buy a lighter weight bow to practice on. My wife and I took a drive to 3Rivers Archery to pick up a few things and to my surprise they had a used recurve of only 25# draw weight that I thought would also be a nice weight for my wife to learn on. I have no idea what kind it is but it's in fine condition. It sure does make it easier to learn windage although it doesn't shot as flat as my Martin Mountaineer at 70# so my elevation calculations still have a lot to be desired. I think I'll stick with this for a while then buy another one later with a little heavier draw weight until I can build up the necessary muscles to comfortablely draw my Martin. I really like the way that thing shoots. It's fast, quiet and smooth shooting. So that is my ultimate goal.

Thanks again to all you who gave my such good advice.

longbowlover

·
Registered
20,540 Posts
lbl -

Congradulations!

With that bow and a little work, you'll be moving up in accuracy and weight in no time.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
770 Posts
25 #'dr

Just like I always say, "listen carefully to Viper 1"; however there is one thing to be carefull with when learning with a light re curve. "Watch your release carefully" ! Do not allow yourself to "PLUCK" the string to the "outside in stead of releasing to the rear. That's a bad habit and easy to do with light draw weight bows. Look, draw, anchor firmly and maintain correct back tension till release. Do that and you cannot "pluck" the string at release.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
LBL,glad to hear you took thier advise.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts