Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Lancaster is selling a $79 video of Jesse Broadwater setting up and tuning his bow, together with what seem to be lo it’s of other “pro” tips. I regard Lancaster and Jesse B highly. Wondering if anyone else has purchased this and, if so, what kind of reviews you give it. Most importantly, is it worth the 79 bucks?

(BTW, there is a corresponding recurve video featuring another pro)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Shouldn't be nothing but exceptional to worth that money taking in consideration the amount of good content currently available for free on Youtube. Gellenthien has has a 10 min one about how to tune a TRX38 and I've seen 10 min tutorials just about how to select, adjust and tie a peep. This kind of content was very convenient in pre-Internet era, but harder to justify now due the amount of people glad to share they knownledge in all kind of media platforms, just because they enjoy helping.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thats a great question... thank you. I had asked a couple of club mates the exact same question re its worth. Its alot of money if its just re hash of already available and commonly known content. Not critersising anyone here so please dont climb into me for asking.. Id be interested to hear from others who have paid whether their money was well spent or not.

And the "other pro" is raaaaather good at re curve too...lol!!!
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You can watch John Dudley tune bows for free on Nock on videos on Youtube. There are a couple over an hour each. I don't think with what is free from some very knowledgeable people that i would pay 79 dollars for a video.

·
Registered
16,473 Posts
I see Lancaster is selling a $79 video of Jesse Broadwater setting up and tuning his bow, together with what seem to be lo it’s of other “pro” tips. I regard Lancaster and Jesse B highly. Wondering if anyone else has purchased this and, if so, what kind of reviews you give it. Most importantly, is it worth the 79 bucks?

(BTW, there is a corresponding recurve video featuring another pro)
If you have to ask then it's definitely worth it for you.

You should buy it, write a review. Let us know what knowledge you gained...a before and after comparison.

·
Registered
555 Posts
You can watch John Dudley tune bows for free on Nock on videos on Youtube. There are a couple over an hour each. I don't think with what is free from some very knowledgeable people that i would pay 79 dollars for a video.
^^^ Bingo. So much knowledge out there from pro’s for free already tbh

·
BIG FRANK....
8,272 Posts
Absolutely not, when it's already free from capable tuners..

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Like I said in the recuve tuning by Brady Ellison same type of people will buy this are the same type of people send there bows away for super tuners

·
Back Yard Champion
27,610 Posts
I'll pass. So much available now for free. When I was able to get on Facebook many Pros even answered questions, Tim, Dave, Chance and more.......

·
Registered
247 Posts
IMO that's a pretty ****ty way to treat customers by charging for that. Teach people how to setup and tune their bows for free and they will buy from you when they need something. Good faith and all that.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My understanding is USA Archery put both videos together not Lancaster.

Lancaster are selling them through through their website. I guess its pretty "****ty" a national organisation is trying rip people off by charging for this. I don't know what planet you keyboard warriors are on sometimes. Give me strength guys, a lot of things that are free on Youtube are not even worth that.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My understanding is USA Archery put both videos together not Lancaster.

Lancaster are selling them through through their website. I guess its pretty "****ty" a national organisation is trying rip people off by charging for this. .
It is USAA that put this out not Lancaster and everything USAA sells is high priced. I think they use some of the money to support their programs/tournaments etc across the US or so I hope. Not sure how much of the cost goes to Brady or Jesse but probably a good chunk of it. I guess if you are a "fan" of either and want to have this fine but as many others have said the information is out there.......

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
What nonsense. USAA must not realize there's such a thing as the internet and YouTube. Or they're banking on the naive being overcome by the famous names and unquestioningly handing over their money.

·
Registered
321 Posts

(BTW, there is a corresponding recurve video featuring another pro)[/QU

not buying it, sends a message! it will soon be on sale for - $ 19.99 w/ free shipping :)
there is NOTHING these guys can tell or show you that hasn't already been done !!
not all great tuners are champs, and not all champs are great tuners !!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I posted the link for these videos in the "Super Tuners" thread, but there is so much c**k measuring going on there it got lost in the wind.
My humble opinion is, I would gladly pay $40 an hour to have one of those guys walk me thru their process. ($40/video, $80 for both). We all know it takes more than an hour to setup and tune a bow from start to finish, so these videos seem like a bargain to me. Considering they're giving you world class knowledge, that didn't exactly take a Tuesday afternoon to film and put on tape. These guys don't get a salary, they're paid based on results. The knowledge and skill they obtain is priceless.
So if you want to enroll in the "school of nock" tour again and get the basics then by all means, save your money. And this is coming from a Nock On fan boy, I own 2 of his releases. But Dudley wasn't the best for a reason, skill and knowledge made these guys world champions, not just practice.

·
4,678 Posts
+1^^^^

·
Registered
321 Posts
there is a young guy (13) at my 3D club, that always shoots 300+ scores. same stake as the
rest of us. is he this great tuner? not even close ! is he a shooter? you bet !

him, an his dad are friends with a local pro shop owner that takes care of there tuning.
great shooter, great tuner, don't always go together. as this young guy moves along he will
most likely pick some things up. will he be a great tuner? time will tell. have seen a lot of good
shooters, most couldn't tune there way out of a bad draw length !
FYI- not all great shooters, ->>>>---------------------> are super tuners .

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I posted the link for these videos in the "Super Tuners" thread, but there is so much c**k measuring going on there it got lost in the wind.
My humble opinion is, I would gladly pay $40 an hour to have one of those guys walk me thru their process. ($40/video, $80 for both). We all know it takes more than an hour to setup and tune a bow from start to finish, so these videos seem like a bargain to me. Considering they're giving you world class knowledge, that didn't exactly take a Tuesday afternoon to film and put on tape. These guys don't get a salary, they're paid based on results. The knowledge and skill they obtain is priceless.
So if you want to enroll in the "school of nock" tour again and get the basics then by all means, save your money. And this is coming from a Nock On fan boy, I own 2 of his releases. But Dudley wasn't the best for a reason, skill and knowledge made these guys world champions, not just practice.
If you truly think that Jesse is tuning extra points out of his bows that nobody else can do, then $80 is dirt cheap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts