Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 31.5 VXR set up with a 4" dovetail, HHA virtus dropaway, and beestinger microhex stabilizer. I am noticing some hand shock that I did not notice when I shot the demos before ordering the bow. What could be the issue?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I would go through and check every screw on the bow. Also try adjusting the string stop. Do you have the monkey tails on the string? Make sure everything is in spec and both cams are hitting at the same time. Make sure the rest is timed correctly and not hitting the riser when it falls. I'm just throwing some stuff out there to check. Factory strings or aftermarket?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would go through and check every screw on the bow. Also try adjusting the string stop. Do you have the monkey tails on the string? Make sure everything is in spec and both cams are hitting at the same time. Make sure the rest is timed correctly and not hitting the riser when it falls. I'm just throwing some stuff out there to check. Factory strings or aftermarket?

There are two monkey tails on the string. The strings are factory zebra strings. Rest was shooting bullet holes and does not appear to be hitting the rise in the down position. I will have to go in and check the timing tomorrow that could be the issue.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
There are two monkey tails on the string. The strings are factory zebra strings. Rest was shooting bullet holes and does not appear to be hitting the rise in the down position. I will have to go in and check the timing tomorrow that could be the issue.
The zebra are known for stretching so it's very possible it could be out of time.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Timing most likely. My VXR 31.5 has zero hand shock. This is the norm. Zebra string are okay. Just know they will stretch at first. After a couple hundred shots they should stay put. I shoot mine 200 times before I tie in a peep or do much tuning. After that, they should hold.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the help! I plan on going back to the shop later and will try out all the ideas. One thing that came to my mind is the limb bolts unevenly tightened, can that cause timing and vibration issues?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to the shop and we tried everything and even shot two different bows. The timing was good, string stop was good on the second one (first one it would not go in further). I was still feeling some vibration in the heel of my hand. The shop is going to send in the first one in and I am going to keep shooting the other one to see if it improves.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Went to the shop and we tried everything and even shot two different bows. The timing was good, string stop was good on the second one (first one it would not go in further). I was still feeling some vibration in the heel of my hand. The shop is going to send in the first one in and I am going to keep shooting the other one to see if it improves.
I've had to cut the carbon string stop to make it shorter on a couple other bows I've had. I've also had bows of the same model have vibration and some not. Doesn't make sense to me why some have it and some don't. I've actually gotten rid of bows just because they have that hand shock, lol.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Every one I’ve ever shot was completely dead in hand

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah that's why it is so odd to me that two different bows were doing it but the demo I shot weeks before did not. I took everything but the rest off and still feel hand vibration and it seems it is coming from the top limb/cam area. Hopefully Mathews or the shop can get it figured out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts