Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife has started pressure cooking deer then making tacos out of it. wow, these are my new favorite tacos. just use you normal seasoning in the pressure cooker. then mix in your taco seasoning in a skillet. fry some flour torts, refried beans, rice, and enjoy.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I would recommend canning chunked deer meat. Then you can quickly open a jar and warm it up with taco seasonings or make gravy or make stew or make pot pie or make stroganoff or ....... It makes the meat so tender and flavorful. It is easy to do with a pressure cooker. 75 minutes at 15lbs pressure.

Brian

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you use any seasoning on it or just strait up? i know some folks that have done that and love it. but i dont know how they do it.

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
Take a venison roast wrap it in bacon and stuff it in a whole pig being roasted.... then be first in line when its done or you get none!!!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
canning

do you use any seasoning on it or just strait up? i know some folks that have done that and love it. but i dont know how they do it.
I usually just put some salt and pepper on the meat before I put it in the jars. I know some people who use Lipton onion soup. Fill the jar with seasoned meat, put the lid on loosely, put the jars in the pressure cooker and cover 1/2 way with water, lock the lid and use the 15lb weight. Cook for 75 minutes. Allow to cool.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts