Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to Gladys Willems from Belgium.
She beats the 2*70m world record in Brussels Belgium the 20th of September
The World record is 690.

·
Registered
571 Posts
On the 21st September, Mary Zorn shot 691.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Hey, she put a mark up that needed to beat - she has nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats to both.

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
second what Russ says. No one can ever take away the fact that she held the world record even though it might not get the same acclaim as say Pace's ten year FITA score

·
Grand Master
440 Posts
I think they have both done GREAT. Remember no one can break a world record unless someone sets it first.
CONGRATULATIONS to both.

:Dee

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Yes, congrats to both! I know what that feels like. I myself held a world team record (which FITA seemed to have lost the certificate) last year at the 2002 JOAD nationals. Well long story short, that record was beaten 1 month later at the world championships with one round being the second highest team round ever shot by anyone.

I believe this happened to Michelle Ragsdale at the 2001 world trials. She had a 1390 something or so and that record was beaten a week or so later. I am sure it has happened to many others as well. Though it is nice to hold it for some amount of time. I would love to see these two ladies fight it out to break it again. :)

What really stinks is breaking a world record only to find out the tournament director did not pay the $50 fee for it to be a STAR FITA. DOH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts