Archery Talk Forum banner

New!!

312 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  WhiteElder
Hello all,

Rob here and I'm new to all of this. I have been wanting to get involved with archery for a long while now and am finally making the commitment. I'm looking for any advice on what bow I should look into to start with. I didn't get measured up yet, but I'm 24 5'7" male. I'm looking for a compound bow to take to the range and just start shooting for now, hoping later on down the road I can go bow hunting. I'm looking to spend on the "cheaper" side but still would appreciate something of quality.. Any help, advice, tips, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Hi rob, welcome.
I would suggest going to a shop get measured. See how much you want to draw back. Then start looking at classifides. Or get that Diamond bow that has all the adjustment. They were running around $350 loaded.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm located in Long Island NY.. There is a shop/range only but 10 minutes from my house, but their shop doesn't seem to have much of a selection.. I will have to go again get measured and really look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
427 Posts
Past going to a real pro shop (not big box store) to see and shoot everything you can. I'd recommend the PSE Stinger X, Bear Cruzer, or Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. All are very adjustable bows with the cruzer and IE going from 5# to 70# draw weight.

Great deals can be had in the classifieds but you really have to know what your after to buy online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.