Archery Talk Forum banner

Newbe wants to know all about High Country Archery

1361 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  B3AV3R
Hello everyone

I've been shooting my General (Bowtech) since January 2008, but the Limbs are broken now.
(for the curious people: http://www.bogensportinfo.de/board/viewtopic.php?t=5536 )
Of course I ordered new ones, but now I'd like to buy me something for Christmas...
Of course a new compound :wink:

Please could you tell me all about your impressions of the Speed Pro from High Country Archery?
Also, could you tell me about general Problems with HCA?

Thanks

Ps: I'm sorry for my bad english, but I hope it'll become better with the time, I'm still learning :confused:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
893 Posts
Loaded question

When Richard Batdorf took over High Country, they started to really take off again, customer service was there, quality was there etc....from what I hear, now that he has left, customer service and quality are suffering. This is only what I've seen, and heard, other people may have a totally different view.
Richard is now working for Pearson, check them out!

Andy

· Registered
2,919 Posts
I have recent experience with HCA and it has been all good -- have owned two of their new bows, haven't shot the new Speed Pro yet but have heard very good things about it.

HCA did go through some tough times but it seems to me that they have done a good job of turning it around over the past couple years.

The rumors of Richard's "take-over" have been very exaggerated -- as I understand it he did work for HCA and helped turn it around, and has now moved on, but the original owner has been at the helm the whole time. (They did clean out most of the management staff as part of the turn-around.)

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Newbie needs to go shoot one and see for themself if they like em:darkbeer:.

Welcome to archery talk by the way:)

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank y'all for your opinions. As soon as I have time I'll see if there's any dealer near me. I was really obsessed with this bow. It looks great. But the customer service sure won't be better here in Switzerland if it isn't good anywhere else, don't you think?

This forum sure is full of friendly people, unlike many others I know.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Yeah tis frum is a great place with great ppl. We dont all get along all the time but we still help out eachother even if there is a controvery. Unlike another forum for a company known as the darkside. RickyM I hope I see you at a shoot bud:wink:

· Registered
5,013 Posts
A regualr customer of mine recently ordered one of their new bows on-line. I was quite impressed with it until he had an issue that required factory assitance (parts). I took nearly a month of playing phone tag to get this guy a new set of draw length modules...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.