Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Season opens sunday and I tried calling Newberry today about My Sabre XL they are suppose to build.........I didnt get a answer.......whats the deal ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good question, i have been after them for about 5or 6 weeks over a bad bow i sent back and a bow i ordered for my son and never recieved. I had heard this company was one of the best on customer service and after this ordeal i will NEVER buy another Newberry bow EVER again. i have emailed them and also pm'ed richard here on AT only one response from about 5 or 6 tries over just 2 weeks. I will warn anyone even thinking about buying a Newberry bow, DO NOT BUY ONE!!! their customer service is nothing like it was before they bought out High Country Bows thats all they think about now apparently. And for the quality of their bows it is very low quality compared to other manufacturers the fit and finish of their bows are not what i expected from a bow company trying to make a name for theirselves. Richard has never even replied to my PM about why the spike bow for my son has still never been delivered and do you realize how a 7 year old boy is when he wants a bow like his daddy's and he looks every evening for it when we get home? well i will tell you it is pitifull because every day he just sinks a little lower because his bow still hasnt come and he cant figure out why it hasnt come yet. Apparently they have so much business they dont care about it but i darn sure do. Stay away from Newberry they are trouble waiting to happen believe me. sorry to rant but its time for me to go off on this.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am bowless and season opens sunday....i cant get a hold of anyone there......i am so dissapointed :mad:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
You both have legit reasons to be mad. I had thought they were open this week. I'll try and call over they and see if i get ahold of anyone and get some info.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
muddflapp76 said:
Good question, i have been after them for about 5or 6 weeks over a bad bow i sent back and a bow i ordered for my son and never recieved. I had heard this company was one of the best on customer service and after this ordeal i will NEVER buy another Newberry bow EVER again. i have emailed them and also pm'ed richard here on AT only one response from about 5 or 6 tries over just 2 weeks. I will warn anyone even thinking about buying a Newberry bow, DO NOT BUY ONE!!! their customer service is nothing like it was before they bought out High Country Bows thats all they think about now apparently. And for the quality of their bows it is very low quality compared to other manufacturers the fit and finish of their bows are not what i expected from a bow company trying to make a name for theirselves. Richard has never even replied to my PM about why the spike bow for my son has still never been delivered and do you realize how a 7 year old boy is when he wants a bow like his daddy's and he looks every evening for it when we get home? well i will tell you it is pitifull because every day he just sinks a little lower because his bow still hasnt come and he cant figure out why it hasnt come yet. Apparently they have so much business they dont care about it but i darn sure do. Stay away from Newberry they are trouble waiting to happen believe me. sorry to rant but its time for me to go off on this.
OK you bought a bow, not from us direct you got the bow did not like it, then gave us a story how bad it was, then cancelled your kids bow order also, we got the bow back from you that was in perfect condition so we figured you just had to make a claim to get a refund.Even though you bought it from a second party we gave you a refund, so why would you still be waiting for a kids bow that you cancelled?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
truetuner said:
i am bowless and season opens sunday....i cant get a hold of anyone there......i am so dissapointed :mad:
I have gotten 3 different emails from you and told you your bow is on the line and will ship wed.:)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a hold of Richard now and have have had no issues ............. Everything is going smooth and Customer service is great.............Thanks Richard for great service

·
Registered
343 Posts
yeah i cancelled the order for my sons bow after we waited 5 weeks for it. now explain that one??? and i got an e-mail on 9-18-06 stating that my refund for both bows had been sent, now how long does it take to get a check from tennessee to kentucky????? oh yeah by the way the Martin tiger i ordered for my son just a week ago has already arrived at my door, thanks for nothing richard. if you call that bow perfect condition how do you explain fingerprint smudges in the camo filmdip??? the heads to the screws holding the rollerguard on were all buggered up too and the rollerguard itself was rubbed by the bow box where it hadnt been wrapped in a plastic bag just some white foam around the ends of the bow at the cams. now thats what i call a professional shipping job there, yeah right.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i still sent you another email just a few days ago asking about my refund and still no reply to it, thats great customer service.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Newberry makes some nice bows, but you guys are right about customer service. I will probably not do business with them again. They bought HCA saying they would revamp thier customer service, now Newberry's has gone to hell.

If a Newberry dealer can not get a response from them I dont know who can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts