Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find any recent information about the Newberry Center (FL). Is there a place on site or around Gainesville to practice before the tournament?

·
Registered
407 Posts
If you mean prior to the days of the tourny, Newberry has facilities you can shoot on, both long targets and a field course. Also, there is Gator Bowmen not far away.
http://www.floridaarchery.org/gator.htm

As for days of the tourny, they say on the website, there is no practice area available. I've shot at Newberry many times but never for an indoor. It would be nice if they had a few close blank bales outside to warm up on but I'm not hopeful they will. Maybe others will have insight on this.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you mean prior to the days of the tourny, Newberry has facilities you can shoot on, both long targets and a field course. Also, there is Gator Bowmen not far away.

As for days of the tourny, they say on the website, there is no practice area available. I've shot at Newberry many times but never for an indoor. It would be nice if they had a few close blank bales outside to warm up on but I'm not hopeful they will. Maybe others will have insight on this.
Thank you for the information, I was looking for a place warming up before the tournament, since I also saw that they don't have a practice area available. I'm not sure, but since the tournament is a MICA event I thought there should be a warm-up session for 45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The format for Indoor Nationals, as dictated by USA Archery, includes 4 practice ends for each round. They were concerned that there wouldn't be an even playing field if some venues had on-site practice and others did not. (The parking lot in Mass. in Feb. is not always a good bet, though we could have last year.) I berieve the venues were asked not to publicize nearby practice areas, as well.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
You could also try AFL (Alachua Farm and Lumber) the archery shop there has a 17yd indoor range. They would probably let you shoot to get warmed up. there are about 15 minutes north of the Easton facility. Terry the archery shop manager is a good guy and top notch archer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts