Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see an intro section so I hope it's okay to post here. I've been in archery for a while but have recently decided to purchase a crossbow as I find it getting harder to pull that compound. The double A's got me; age and arthritis. Not to mention cold hunting days.

Currently, I'm trying to decide on the type of bow I want and what I can buy with my modest means. Bigship recommended this site to me and I thank him for doing so.

I'm looking forward to some crossbow insight and guidance.

Fotoman

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
That depends what's your modest means? Might help us help you if you have a price range your looking to spend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've boiled it down to either the PSE Fang or the Barnett Quad 400. Those are in my price range. Although I see Academy has the Brotherhood M4 at the same price as the Fang.

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
I never shot a PSE crossbow but I have had a few Barnett crossbows and from what I'm hearing the Fang is not a bad bow. I never cared for the Barnett's I had so if I were you I would shoot for the Fang as I have had many PSE verts and PSE is a quality company.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never shot a PSE crossbow but I have had a few Barnett crossbows and from what I'm hearing the Fang is not a bad bow. I never cared for the Barnett's I had so if I were you I would shoot for the Fang as I have had many PSE verts and PSE is a quality company.
I like the Fang, it's a little lighter than the Quad and the fps is almost the same. My only concern is the forearm grip puts your fingers very close to the rail.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Go small and light weight....not to mention light cocking weight.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Welcome!!! before you buy give David at Wyvern Creations a call. Tell him your budget and see what he can do for you.

603-659-0575

1 - 12 of 12 Posts