Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the city. Rather than having to drive out to a range all of the time, I've been thinking of setting something up so I can shoot in my basement. I can't get the distance like I would at a range, but it'd be nice to be able to shoot my bow whenever I felt like it.

My aim is pretty good so I could probably get away with just the target I bought, but it would be nice to let friends and family shoot my bow as well. I want to set up a rather large backstop covering the better part of a wall so there's no fear of missing the target. I'd like to hear recommendations on what I might be able to use to build a reliable backstop that will preserve my walls and arrows without breaking the bank, preferably something that isn't too time-consuming or difficult to build.

I'm also wondering if there are any good solutions to protect the rafters/floor boards/light bulbs under the first floor from the occasional arrow that sails high.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For the record I have a compound bow that tends to be set at ~50 lbs, but could be set as high as 70. Probably not a problem for the backstop, but seems like it makes it harder protecting the rafters without building something excessive...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.