Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just started shooting. Still haven't even gotten a lesson yet, just waiting on my bow to come in. In the meantime, I bought an AAE Elite finger tab at my local range. The guy working there looked at my hand and gave me a medium sized tab, but after wearing it more and more, I'm starting to wonder if this is the right size or not.

The only way I can seem to get the tab to fit on my hand is if I tighten the finger strap on the second joint of my middle finger. Otherwise, if I slide the strap all the way down my finger to just above my middle finger knuckle, the edge of the leather does not clear my fingers. When I draw on the string, fingers bent, my middle finger juts out a little over half an inch, and my index comes out just a tad bit. Like I said earlier, the only way I can seem to get the tab to fit is if I move the strap up. Even then, my fingers juts out, and when I draw my string, a tiny bit of my middle finger sticks out. The width of the tab seems to be alright though.

Did I just get the wrong size, or am I just using the tab wrong? I'm totally new to everything so I cannot tell if I'm using it right. I have tried searching on how to properly use a tab but I can't seem to find anything. Should I have bought a large or maybe even an x-large instead of the medium? If it turns out that my tab is just too small for my hands, then I may end up buying a size up or maybe even buy a tab from some other brand.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts