Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I want to get into archery and want to know any good first tips on how to start or begin. Do you recommend any brands for bows and arrows? Are there differences between modern bows, and the traditional wooden kind? Looking for something that is not too expensive, but provides good workmanship still.
Thanks,
Alex.

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
1,953 Posts
Hello everyone,
I want to get into archery and want to know any good first tips on how to start or begin. Do you recommend any brands for bows and arrows? Are there differences between modern bows, and the traditional wooden kind? Looking for something that is not too expensive, but provides good workmanship still.
Thanks,
Alex.
Best you go to a archery shop and try as many bows as you can to get a feel for what you like. As for arrows you don't need anything expensive starting out. Gold tip xt hunters are one of the best budget arrows on the market.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharver

·
Registered
24 Posts
As one of the guys above said - the best way is really to go to an archery shot and shoot as many bows as you can from different manufacturers. They each kind of have their specialty for how they feel or their speed. This changes the draw and release and it’s all preference. They will also tel you what draw length and weight you should be shooting; which you’ll need if you plan to buy used online.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts