Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of new strings and cables after this coming season and I am clueless as to where to start. I'm looking to buy for a 2010 Bear Assault. I know I have the sticker on the limb that tells me my lengths, but that's about it. My questions are when they ask split cables or not? I don't know, they look like it but unsure. The serving on factory string for the dual suppresors... can I get that out of the box on a new set? I'd like black and red if possible. Can any place do this? What brand are you guys liking?

I have zero interest in getting a "stock replacement" as it hasn't held up well at all even with proper maintenance and average use. Is there a place for dummies like me that I can just order a black and red string and cables for a 2010 Bear Assault and it will be correct lengths.?Last question is string count. More, less? What's the standard? What do I want for a hunting only bow?

Please excuse my ignorance I've just never kept a bow long enough before to even consider this. My research has given me some leads but I hate guessing with my money and I'm hoping the experts here will shed some light on a few of my questions.

Many thanks! -MAZ-

·
Waiting on Season
14,905 Posts
pm one of the string makers on here they can help you out. i like johns customs (breathn on here) great work and great customer service

1 - 2 of 2 Posts