Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I live out west and this year I will attempt to deer hunt using a tree stand. So far I have bought the lone wolf climbing sticks but not the stand yet. I am still looking around for a hang on stand to buy. Any recommendations?

Also, what other equipment would I need to make my life easier to hang the stand?

Could you guys explain to me the various steps you take to hang a tree stand?

I am looking for safety first and effeciency second as most of the time I will hunting alone.

Thanks

-AL

· Registered
36,987 Posts
1st and foremost , get a safety vest , Hunter Safety System ...

· Registered
5,465 Posts
As said get a good safety harness and also buy or make a life line. A life line is a length of climbing rope that hangs from 6 or so feet above your stand down to the base of the tree where it gets tied off again. There is a prussic knot on the rope that you connect your harness to when climbing.

You will not have this line in place until you climb up the tree once and hang the rope. I recommend doing this before you hang your stand so that you are secured while hanging it.

Here is a link to making your own.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=740683

Since you have the best climbing sticks you might as well buy a Lone Wolf hang on stand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.