Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just starting out with Archery, and my wife bought me some gear on Craigslist to get me going.

The sights are old and worn out, but the guy at Dicks tells me the mount on the bow is so old that i couldn't attach a new sight or quiver as my bow wouldn't support it.

I have posted pictures, anyone know if there is an adapter plate available that i could get so i can fix a new sight?

Thanks!!!! photo.jpg photo1.jpg

·
Registered
909 Posts
Fyi, most box store employees don't know What they are talking about. It looks like you could upgrade to any modern sight you want. The stranded hole distance between centers is 1 5/16" . Just measure and you will be good to go. I have dealt with several older bows and I have yet to see one that you needed an adapter plate to put on a sight.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you can, post a picture of the other side of your bow so we can see how your cable rod is attached. You might have to do some rigging there.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Really trying to see how the try I'd connects to through bow. Does it attach to that bracket only or attach into your riser? Just wondering if that bracket is necessary or not. I've got a few cheap sights I could sell you if you don't want to spend a whole lot. Pm me if interested

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It attaches to the bracket only, doesn't touch the bow itself. The guy in the store said he had never seen one like it... but he also looked like he had never needed to shave before!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts