Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to archery. I have shot my uncles browning illusion a hand full of times with him getting ready for this years hunt. It is an awsome bow. My father in law also has a cheaper older bow and when I shot it, I got all arrows within two inches of the center at 20 yards. This is loads of fun! I may take it to the hunting level eventually though I want to get solid with it first.

I want/need a bow. I decided to go with a single cam parrallel limb design. I am also in college (last year at OIT in Klamath Falls, Or, though I am from northern California) so it can not be over $400. I came up with a short list of the Fred Bear Instinct (maybe the Element if money gets the better of me), Martin's new Bengal which looks to be awsome, and PSE's new Brute. These three bows all msrp at $399 and have very similar features. The Martin and PSE are so new that I don't think that they have been reviewed. I have read only good things about the Fred Bears.

If anyone has an insight on my situation, I would be much appreciative.

Thank You,
Eric Phillips:wink:

·
Registered
477 Posts
welcome

welcome to archery talk :pepsi: i have been told to try out as many bows as posibleand pick the one that fells best to u i guess try out the 3 bows that u have listedand pick the one that is most confurble to u. sorry for my spelling

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bengal

I have just purchased a Martin Bengal a couple of days ago. I have had the chance to sight it in. It shoots great. There is no torque after the release and the bow is very quite. For a short bow it seems to be forgiving also.
So far it has exceeded my expectations

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You Folks,
I wonder if anybody has seen the new PSE Brute? I am also looking at the Fred Bear Element simply due to price and my inexperience. Is there any word on that bow?
Thank You,
Eric Phillips

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am an archery tech at Gander Mountain we carry the element and instinct. I have shot both of these and were impressed with the feel of them. I would probably opt for the instinct but would encourage you to shoot them both. Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts