Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first croosbow this morning. Tenpoint XLT Turbo and I am looking fo some bolts. I know nothing about bolts or what to get. I know the 3 that come with that package are aluminium 2219 20" 4" vanes. Total weight is 420 grains. I am only using this bow for hunting whitetail deer. Is this a good arrow or should I get something else? I would like to have at least a dozen on hand when the bow arrives. I am open to anything. Not too concerned with price. Just want to the best for my set up. I would perfer to buy them premade unless I can use my standard fletching equipment to make my own. I have a Bitz jig, arrow saw Etc... I see that Carbon Express, Goldtips and Victory Arrows all make them. What is a good arrow weight to stay around for hunting? Also what is the difference and benefit/cons between half moon and flat moon nocks? Thanks in advance for your help.
Bob

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
First, use the nock type recommended for your bow, FLAT for 10 pt. Been using Gold Tip carbon arrows in my three bows: Lazar II shafts, 110 gr insert, alum nocks, 2'' Blazers or 2 or 3" Fusion, depending on bow, set at right helical. The arrow weigh 405 gr with a 100 gr tip, FOC +18%. I make my own, but they are available premade, though usually with 4" vanes your fletcher will work but may need a nock adapter for the larger diameter crossbow arrows. Try using Gorilla brand super glue, works great. Am using Slick Tricks or Spitfires for broadheads. 100 gr in the recurves and 125 in compound to meet recommended weight requirements.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts