Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to a local shop today and shot the rampage. it felt amazing. i love the way it shot. i actually shot a crx 32 that a guy had setup and was hitting arrows which i was supper pleased with. being how they are nearly the same bow, i cant complain at all.
then i picked up a newbreed genetix. the draw length was about 2.5" too long, but it shot pretty well too. ive heard some good things about them.

so, how do you guys think they compare? they both feel great but i would love having an opinion from someone with a little more experience.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
i just got a new breed genetix today and man i couldnt belive how butter smooth it was and pulling 73lbs is easier than my burner at 65 they are dead in the hand overall awesome fast quiet bow!!! join the nation!! wont be sorry

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
I have a Hoyt and I have a New Breed ,It's an older model Hoyt but it's a nice little bow(see sig).The New Breed Genetix that I recently gone is awesome what a great bow,being that I have a short draw length most shop don't stock my size draw length ,so I ordered the Genetix without shooting it first on recommendation from my dealer(that's what he's shooting too).And I am truly amazed at how well this bow shoots, it has a smooth draw, a nice valley and a solid wall .Kyle and the gang at New Breed put together one real nice bow and you can get it with solid limbs or split limbs (I got the split limbs).

·
Registered
981 Posts
I've gon an Alphamax and a Genetix. The Gen is smoother and faster. The hoyt is a little mor vib free. I shoot the GEN a lot more than the hoyt, but both are very nice bows. Good luck with your decision. BTW which cam on the Hoyt? Your drawlength?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone. its about 100$ more at my local place but from the reviews that ive seen, it may be worth that extra $100.
im not 100% sure on the cam. the draw i shot was a 27 or 27.5. i cant remember. i shot a few different ones so i cant remember which was which honestly. it was still just a touch long but they said they would adjust it, tune it, paper tune it and all before they let it leave the shop.
it was my first time into the place and i have to say i was AMAZED by how nice they were.

the only thing i could tell from bow to bow was the gen seemed like it may have just a touch more hand shock to it, however your basically holding the riser, it isnt much of a grip like the hoyt was. but that small of a difference doesnt affect me at all.
they guy told me that adjusting the draw on the gen was a little time consuming but if he had any time in the morning, he would knock it down to 27. i have to call him tomorrow around lunch and see if he had time. if he does, im going to go shoot them back to back and see what they feel like.

the gen does seem a little faster, and i could creep with it a little bit and with the hoyt, i could not. both had solid back walls which i really liked. and both were smooth, but i believe the gen did seem a little smoother.

the owner of the shop is a open A shooter and he said it was a super tough choice between the two for him as well. hard decisions hard decisions.
thanks for all the quick replies though! you guys here at AT are great

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Just keep trying and go with what feels the best to you. I own and hoyt alphamax 32 and love it. However i
ve shot the genetix. Does have some hand shock but the bow was bare. It''s listed as 20fps faster than my bow but it's tough to tell what they really shoot

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
The Genetix does have some slight felt vibration after the shot but a good stab will cure that. The New Breed will have an easier draw and will be faster. How much would depend on which Hoyt cam that you are comparing it to. The Hoyt is a fine bow and shoots beautifully. Either bow will make you very happy. Both bows are very easy to tune.

Doug

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks again guys. im hoping to go shoot the genetix tuesday.
super tough decision from everything i have been reading on them

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
New Breed Genetix is an amazing bow. It is speedy and accurate. Forgiving brace and the ata is perfect for treestand hunting without losing the stability and accuracy. Unlike those slingshots with an ata of 28". Sorry I couldnt help myself.
The Genetix will impress you.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i started a new thread about my decision. i went with the hoyt.
look at my profile and check it out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts