Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in my first good practice session since replacing my factory grip with a Tronjo grip on my switchback. Bow was shooting great before but I was unhappy with the grip, hence the new one. I re-walk back tuned it and it showed that the rest had to go to the left 3/32"...Is that right? Walk back tuned it before changing grips and it was fine. Now comes the broadhead tuning...20 yards, dead-on....30 yards, high right....40 yards, very high right. After 3 hours today...20 and 30 yards are on(within 1"), but i can not get 40 to line up with field tips. Best i got it was 3" dead low. I'm shooting Gold tips 75/95 at 28.5" with a 100 gr. muzzy's. Thanks, Todd.:darkbeer:

·
How`s it going eh?
4,065 Posts
First thing you got to do is see if the grip is working for you.If all your specs are right and no idler lean check to see how the string is coming off the cam at full draw.I bought a switchback with a tronjo grip(gorgeous grip)but no matter what I did it always shot knock left.I finally looked down to see the string wasn`t running off the cam straight.Even though the grip felt natural in the crutch of my hand,it was still cradling the bow in an awkward angle.I set my no-peep to compensate and now it`s shooting bullets(made me grip differently).Tronjo has a beautiful grip but it might not be for everyone.Anyways check to see how the string is coming off the cam at full draw,I think this is the true way of telling if you are torquing the bow.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grip

How have you been LTH? I'll have to check that today. All the shafts have been spin tested with the Muzzy's and are fine. Just really has me confused, my gouping just is not as good as before even with field points. Thanks, Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts