Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I love this site and I finally joined. I've been getting great advice by reading everyone's post on this site for a year now.

I tried to shoot my broadheads today and they are shooting way different than my fieldpoints. I tried my hand at paper tuning and I'm shooting bullet holes 75% of the time. The other 25% I have a slight right tear. Is this a form problem? I would like to get my bow properly tuned before trying my broad heads again. I'm shooting a Parker Hunter Mag at 70lbs, 30in draw, 28in 5575 gold tips with a 100gr head. Also could my arrows be underspined? Thanks, Chad in Memphis
 

·
Relocated Cajun
Joined
·
10,974 Posts
you are underspined some..

what is the ata and brace height of that bow??...I have a few hunter mags on TAP

inconsistent tears may show you are torgueing the bow on some shots..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
It sounds like you are ready to adjust for the BHs if your paper is that good. First you adjust the rest to make the BHs hit level with the FPs by moving up or down with the rest or your nocking point. Then work on the Left and Right to get them all hitting the same. Have you seen the Easton tuning guide that has been shown on here once in a while. It will help you in more detail. Good luck
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top