Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Philosopher
11,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know the format of a field shoot so
the next stupid question is....
How many arrows should I carry with me ??
and how many will you shoot during a (for example) "walk-up"
before pulling them.
just don't want to seem stupid and come up without enough to shoot.:confused:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Every target on the NFAA Field and Hunter rounds are 4 arrows. Possible for each target is 20 points. You score that target, pull arrows and then head for the next target.

Welcome to field, the best archery game there is.

Dave

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
I normally carried 8 last year, but plan to carry 12 this year. Had 3 nocks busted on a round last year which meant I had to dig deep into the "reserves" and I had forgot to carry extra nocks.

·
Resident Philosopher
11,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's probably best to carry no less than 6 arrows on a Field Round.

A dozen would probably be better, although you could carry any number between that you wanted.

I wouldn't carry less than 6 though.

A busted knock, or a torn fletching (all of which happen regularly) can leave you dangerously short on arrows in a hurry.

·
Resident Philosopher
11,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
If I have a doz I carry that...but never more then that unless I was setting them up while warming up.

I have no problem going out with only 5 or 6 though.....I just take extra pins, nocks, and a bottle of Brite Site "eye drops". :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
I usually carry 6-8 arrows but when you shoot like me, and stay away from the center, you don't have to worry about your arrows getting hit. ;)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I usually carry 6-8 arrows but when you shoot like me, and stay away from the center, you don't have to worry about your arrows getting hit. ;)

That's funny! I shoot that way as well. A dozen arrows will last me a year. Unless I miss a target. I'm more than capable of doing that.:confused:

·
Registered
345 Posts
. . .when you shoot like me, and stay away from the center, you don't have to worry about your arrows getting hit. ;)
Hehehe. I know! Everyone I shoot with always packs all their arrows into that dang little dot in the middle, too. . .So I stay out in the 4 ring. There's always plenty of space and alot fewer busted arrows. :)

(I wish that was why I hit the 4's. . .) :embara:

·
Administrator
65,518 Posts
If I have a doz I carry that...but never more then that unless I was setting them up while warming up.

I have no problem going out with only 5 or 6 though.....I just take extra pins, nocks, and a bottle of Brite Site "eye drops". :D
Ditto Hornet.. 6, perhaps 7 and a few spare parts as noted above... If I have more I may carry em, but rarely do I lose more than one or two arrows that can't be fixed on the spot.. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts