Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is your plan for next season to have more success?

Success as in.... filling more tags, killing a bigger buck, more deer sightings, learning more, whatever it may be to you....

I will start...

I need to put more time in the stand during the rut. Possibly a few more all day sits. I have numerous buddies that killed big mature bucks during the rut and they don't hunt nearly as much as I do.

I need to kill does early in the season to build confidence and also, then I can focus on a buck during the rut.

I need to practice shooting and shooting from a tree stand even more than I already do.

I need more land to hunt, doesn't everyone though?? lol

Also I need to be even more mobile. I just bought the Lone Wolf sticks and hang-on, so that should help in addition to my LW climber.

I just really need to put even more time in than I already do. Simple as that.

Well that's all I can think of for now...

So what will you do different to hopefully achieve more success next season?

· Registered
10,204 Posts
-reposition some of my stands to fit what I observed this past season.

-reposition some of my trailcamera locations to catch more deer moving in and out of my hunting areas, and to locate them in places I can check them with less disturbance.

-get permission from the landowner to plant a late season food plot

-hunt smarter

-scout now, to find some backup plans in a few new areas

-find some sheds to help me figure out what I have in the hopper for next season.

· Registered
4,106 Posts
Not shooting the 1st 130" buck I get w/in range. (I was tagged out in early Oct last season, so it was a long season w/out any more buck tags...I was forced to pass up bigger bucks then I shot)...patience!

· Registered
938 Posts
I plan for next season is just like my plans in the past. I started by doin a lot of shouting, then in early bow i'll shoot a doe for meat and to keep the doe to buck ratio right. then focus on the bucks the rest of the season. I'm only going to shoot a buck if it's 140 or more. and try to hunt every day that i can.

· Registered
54 Posts
find a giant shed ,(done) 96 gross.glass as much as possible,find the desired travel routes,know the deer he hangs with.plant the stands.wait for the right wind .then get him wiyhin 60 yds.(let the storries fly)oh did i not mention leave the haters behind.....

· Find the arrow, dumb dog.
1,282 Posts
Go.

Sad - but that was the story of the year. Gone most of the week and too darn tired to go on Sunday before heading to a new jobsite on monday.

Simple to impreove succes - Gotta be OUT there to GET an arrow away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.