Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering what everyone else is seeing on the speed of their Nexus (mines a 4)

# : 70
DL: 28
Arrow: Axis 340, 28.75" C to C
Insert: 50gn
FP: 125gn
Total arrow weight - 480gn
D-Loop
Peep
Chrono Speed - 264 (2 different chronos 12+ arrows)

Archers advantage estimate is like 290. I know the data out is only as good as data in, but just wondering what others have been seeing with similar set ups? Any other input appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does your bow tune with that arrow configuration? Interested in the length and weight
Arrow flight looks good. And they group as accurate as I am. But I need to shoot them through paper again. I know according to the charts and Archers Advantage I'm underspined.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Wondering what everyone else is seeing on the speed of their Nexus (mines a 4)

# : 70
DL: 28
Arrow: Axis 340, 28.75" C to C
Insert: 50gn
FP: 125gn
Total arrow weight - 480gn
D-Loop
Peep
Chrono Speed - 264 (2 different chronos 12+ arrows)

Archers advantage estimate is like 290. I know the data out is only as good as data in, but just wondering what others have been seeing with similar set ups? Any other input appreciated.
According to this calculator you should be around 275 at those specs, not sure where AA gets 290. Lots of factors to consider where you’re losing some of the speed- some fletching configurations are going to cause more drag than others, if you have the bow set to a higher letoff it will be slower, how perfect your tune is…I would bare shaft tune it to find the sweet spot where you’re going to maximize speed. But I think the biggest factor may be how severely underspined you are. That arrow is so weak that a lot of the bow’s energy is being lost in an arrow that’s flexing like a wet noodle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nexus 2
80lbs (backed off a hair to 78lbs)
27.5 DL
Axis 5mm with 125gr head and 75gr inserts (about 520gr total)
270 on the Chrono.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Nexus 6 at 28" DL (on draw board) a hair over 60lbs. 345 grains TAW VTAC 25 300 spine cut 27" CTC with 100 grain points and AAE Max Pro vanes. Speed is between 284-286 FPS. Adjusted IBO (real world speed) is approximately 328 FPS from listed IBO of 331. So basically, the IBO speed listed by Prime is legitimate. My bareshaft tune is perfect at 20 yards.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Nexus 6
Peak weight 65.4 lbs
Holding weight 14.3 lbs
Draw length 29 9/16”
Arrow 510 grain Easton Axis Match Grade, 300 spine cut at 30” with 50 grain brass HIT insert, 100 grain points, 4-fletch Bohning Heat vanes, Beiter Hunter nocks
Speed 259 fps

Hitting right on IBO speed or a touch over depending on which calculator I look at. I believe the N6 will be coming to the elk woods with me this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts