Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whose going where?

Tentatively planning on going to the Mason City one, and more than likely the Galveston one.

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
Mason City is NOT and official NFAA or WAF tournament. It is sponsored by the Mason City archery club and the Iowa State Archery Association, along with some manufacturers. They do, however follow most of the NFAA shooting rules.

field14 (Tom D.)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mason City is NOT and official NFAA or WAF tournament. It is sponsored by the Mason City archery club and the Iowa State Archery Association, along with some manufacturers. They do, however follow most of the NFAA shooting rules.

field14 (Tom D.)
Thanks Tom for the clarification. I am still relatively new to archery, and brand new to this level of competing... so I apologize for my ignorance.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey Cheerioette,, Its not ignorance. It called Learning. Im in the same boat.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I thought it was a NFAA shoot also. lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wisconsin rapids, LaCrosse, Vegas, Louisville, Yankton , Yankton

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Wisconsin rapids, LaCrosse, Vegas, Louisville, Yankton , Yankton
When and where are the shoots in Wisconsin rapids, and LaCrosse

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Thank you for the information. I will definitely be doing the state championship now, and not sure about the others.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'll be hitting Vegas, Kentucky, South Dakota both times and Redding... Can't wait should be a fun year!!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This coming year will be my first time ever shooting in an indoor tournament. Research (ask questions, like you are now), and take the plunge and just register. :)

Guess it depends on what kind of tournaments you are thinking about entering... but you can visit NFAA to see their schedule. Hope this helps a little...

Do you have already have a bow?
If you have a bow, what do you currently have it setup with?
What kind of tournaments are you hoping to shoot?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Here in Ca. we only get one NFAA shoot I think, it's in Redding. Ever sence NFAA got a new pres. they moved everything from Ca. to North Dakota by the new presidents archery shop. (Conflict of intrest if you ask me). So I do all the CBH/SAA tournaments I can, won the California State 900 Championship round for my class. Mostly just club shoots here in So.Ca.
I am going to try and make Vegas and the Redding shoot in 2011 though.
Don.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This will be my first year doing any kind of major shoots... Ill be hitting Mason City, and the NFAA Indoor sectionals, then I plan on making my way to Louisville.... should be fun... Id love to meet up with some AT people if anyone is interested... anyone willing to show a newbe around? lol

B~

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I registered for the mason city shoot last night. I ll be hangin out at Hammer bow hanger booth. and shooting at 6:00 friday. After that its to the Rapids for the wisconsin state shoot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts