Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you shoot a 5 spot target and put 2 arrows in one spot and and 1 arrow in each of the next 3 spots and leave one blank what is the score of the target? (all arrows are in the X).

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Im not 100% sure but I think a 0 on the blank target and possibly a 0 on the target with 2.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
From the NFAA rule book.
5.9 If an archer shoots less than the prescribed number of arrows in one end he/she may shoot his/her remaining arrows if the omission is discovered before the end is officially completed; otherwise they shall be scored as misses.
5.10 When using the NFAA Indoor Four or Five Spot Target:
5.10.1 An archer may shoot any of the 4 spot or 5 spot targets in any or-der and shoot as many arrows into any spot as the archer desires, not to exceed the prescribed number of arrows per end.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
If you shoot a 5 spot target and put 2 arrows in one spot and and 1 arrow in each of the next 3 spots and leave one blank what is the score of the target? (all arrows are in the X).
Old rule, you would get one zero for the blank target and lose the higher of the two scores on the doubled up target.

New rule as of a few years ago, you can shoot all 5 arrows in one of the 5 spots if you wish, and you still get full score. You can now get score for any arrow hitting a scoring location, even if already have an arrow in the spot.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

There was almost a fight over this rule at a gander shoot last year!!!! where can I get a copy of the rule book? I could not find this rule on the website.
Thanks guys

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
Yup, you can now shoot all 5 arrows in one spot if you want to. A rather well known pro did it at Indoor Nationals a couple years ago.......

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yup, you can now shoot all 5 arrows in one spot if you want to. A rather well known pro did it at Indoor Nationals a couple years ago.......
Yep that would have been Dave Cousins after an end where he missed an X which essentially took him out of the tournament. The next end he shot all five of his 26 sized shaft into one of the X rings.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Good 2 know.

Just another reason this forum is "Da Bomb"!!!!!

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
Just DO NOT shoot a 6th arrow....cuz if you do, even if you have all 6 arrows in the X-ring....you will get a 24 on that end as a final score.

You score the 5 LOWEST scoring arrows...and then DEDUCT ONE POINT for the 6th arrow.

So, it is possible to shoot a 60X....299.

field14

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
Just DO NOT shoot a 6th arrow....cuz if you do, even if you have all 6 arrows in the X-ring....you will get a 24 on that end as a final score.

You score the 5 LOWEST scoring arrows...and then DEDUCT ONE POINT for the 6th arrow.

So, it is possible to shoot a 60X....299.

field14
So you still get credit for the X? That I did not know.

Are there any pics of that!?!?!
There was, it was actually on AT at one point in time.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
who...what size arrows...just curious

1 - 14 of 14 Posts