Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen the latest copy? It seems that Uncle Ted has taken over. I considered it a magazine for the tournament archer but now its a hunting mag. If you feel the same way as I do, please contact the NFAA and let them know. Thier web address has changed to www.fieldarchery.com

Darrel

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I agree also. I like Uncle Ted, don't get me wrong, I would just like to see more stuff about target archery.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
I didn't think it had any target archery Just field archery. 3-D & indoor archery. NAA does target archery stuff.

I Can Recall when the NFAA had 40,000 members

Something has to be done as the NFAA is goign down Hill I am a Fifty year Member of the NFAA

Tink

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Africanbowhunter said:
I didn't think it had any target archery Just field archery. 3-D & indoor archery. NAA does target archery stuff.

I Can Recall when the NFAA had 40,000 members

Something has to be done as the NFAA is going down Hill I am a Fifty year Member of the NFAA

Tink
I agree that something needs to be done but is changing the magazine helping? The only people that receive Archery magazine are members and I don't think very many people will join just to get the magazine. So how is changing it helping?

When did field, 3D and indoor stop being considered target archery?

Darrel

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

Darrel

·
74,535 Posts
Never understood that move by them

Several great archers in NFAA.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been a NFAA member for about the last 10 years or so and after getting these new magazines I will NOT renew my membership. I like Ted, but the mag has just turned into something I throw into the garbage can now.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sent the following:

In between hunting, indoor spots, and of course TED, do you guys think you could maybe work in some articles about field archery? Or is Ted going to re name it the National Freakin Archery Association.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I have been a NFAA member for about the last 10 years or so and after getting these new magazines I will NOT renew my membership. I like Ted, but the mag has just turned into something I throw into the garbage can now.
So, you are going to quit because of a magazine. I spend my money with the NFAA (and other archery organizations) because I believe they are helping competitive archery survive. Why were you a member of the NFAA?

I agree with Tafkas. You want your magazine back? Take it back. The NFAA is us. I can't imagine that they would refuse quality articles from members for the magazine. The only reason Ted is taking the magazine over is that he's a fast typer with a bunch of fast typing friends. Look at the volumes we type right here on this website. Now's your golden opportunity to become a published writer and do something good for your sport.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I don't know what you'all are gripping about. I have always felt short changed by the NFAA Archer Magazine. All it has ever had int it, is two or three Tech. articles and one or two miscellanious articles. That amounted to an average of 50 to 55 pages. Since Ted started in the Magazine the same articles that always were in it are still in it and the magazine went from 50 pages to 79 pages for the last two issues.

I like it!!!

Robert

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I will continue to be an NFAA member since I shoot their tournaments, but I would gladly have them keep the magazine subscription and not send it to me, they can save on the printing and distribution money and put it to good use as far as I'm concerned, I usually just glance at it and read maybe one article then in the can it goes. :thumbs_do
As far as Ted goes I like him as the guitarist, and I like that he hunts, but I cant stand to listen to him ramble on his TV show little alone read his dribble
Ken

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I pretty much agree with you guys, ( sorry Ted ).
I would like to see more profiles on the up and coming target as well as 3D archers and go back and find out what's up with great old ones. Where are they now? I'll bet some of them are still shooting and I would like to hear from them.
I still like the tournament score results as well as the update on new equipment, but it seems to me the editors are struggling , (or bored ), for new material. Maybe it's time for new young blood and maybe they think Mr. Nugent is it.
What do you think? I'm all ears! :smile:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have not read the latest NFAA magazine yet, but I have read the posts here. It went from where are we going to and where did we come from. I to have been around organized archery for more years than I can remember, maybe a sign, not sure. Here is a little something I will copy from a news letter, you can guess the date it was written, and I will tell you at the end wheat the date was.
“Reports from NFAA head quarters show us that the decline in the association is staggering> If we can find any way to combat this large turnover, the growth of the association will flourish. Even with the drop out in memberships, it is pleasing to know that each year we pick up many new members.” It goes on to ask why the loss in members and what can be done to fix it, sounds very familiar to what the questions of the day are. The date this was written??? June 1964, before many that are shooting now were born. Same tune, different band.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Magazine Changes

There are plans to reinstate the Sectional and State reports that were part of the magazine in the past.. What other changes are in store I'm not qiute sure, but I know readers did like the reports from thier areas..For this to be successfull you will need to urge your Directors and Councilmen to make sure the information is submitted in time for publication. Oly

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
NFAA Mag

I have said it a thousand times...the magazine is worthless...NOW we have Ted in the mix, along with the ever scintillating articles from the "archery Gurus" telling me how they solved the sight bar problem when they were champion of the world...I just wish they'd knock off the price of this rag from my membership fees and e-mail me the scores! I ALWAYS throw the dang thing away!

·
Occam's Razor
8,797 Posts
If you wish to see a quality magazine for a sport, pick up a copy of Sporting Clays next time you're in the newstand. And yea, the rule book comes with the dues, and every registered shoot in the country is posted in the pack of the magazine. But then there aren't 490 different classes for each shoot. Granted, part of each shoots entry fee is paid back to headquarters so I don't believe money is a problem...................ck

1 - 20 of 34 Posts