Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the rules on shootoffs for NFAA 5 spot scoring?

I believe it is two ends of regular scoring. 3rd end starts inside out scoring??

So... If two shooters, Heads up...

During the inside out scoring
Shooter 1 shoots 4 inside out and misses an X.

Shooter 2 shoots 4 inside out and cuts an X line... How is this scored??

Is it inside out arrow for arrow or end for end??

· Registered
6,681 Posts
Johnny, I believe I've seen the shoot-offs conducted in several different formats so it may be up to the tournament director for final say. However of the various methods I've seen used I believe the more common is 2 ends of regular scoring and if still tied then an arrow for arrow sudden death shoot-off scored inside-out.

In your example both archers would still be tied. When scoring inside-out a line cutter x scores same as an arrow that lands in the middle of the white missing the x-ring. Therefore both archers would have 4x 25's for their score on that tiebreaker end.

To throw some additional twists into things, Vegas has its own tiebreaker methodology which I think is slightly different than NFAA 5-spot (utilize the small inner x-ring as a 10, rest of yellow scored 9 similar to FITA compound scoring rules later on into the tiebreaker sequence instead of inside-out scoring). FITA also has a different method for breaking ties which involves shooting an arrow for score, if still tied another arrow is shot and scored and if still tied a final arrow is shot and closest to center is declared the winner.

>>----->

· Registered
703 Posts
Shoot Off's

Johnny and CH,
You are both correct, I think. I just checked the NFAA Constitution and By-Laws ! Jun 04-31 May 05, and I could not find any thing about shoot- off scoring. I think your described method Johnny is correct, but I'm sure it ultimatly rests with TDirector. I'm sure that whatever method will be used, will be defined prior to comencemnt of the match.

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so it is agreed and up to the Tournament director..?

We were having our own mock shoot out. Someone in the shootoff 'almost' did the described as shooter one. I will leave out the names to protect Adam. I mean the unknown shooter. We thought we had it all figured out with 2 ends of regular scoring then with the 3rd end starting inside out shooting. The the near miss came up. We thought it would have remained a tie, but seemed funny to have a tie if one did miss an X...

Thanks for the info. As long as it is agreed, its all good.

turns out Adam won anyway... So :embara:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.