Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to PA this afternoon, and decided to video myself since my partner was out hunting with his brother. I saw 9 deer just on the drive in to my hunting spot, so everything looked pretty good for deer movement. I got everything set up and turned on the camera at 2:59 PM. Then did a little set up discussion and prepared for the rest of the night. The deer where moving in every direction imaginable tonight. I must have seen deer every 10 minutes, but nothing offered me a shot, other than a young one that still had spots. It was directly under my stand for about 10 minutes. Finally at about 6:30 a fat doe gave me a broadside shot at 12 yards. I set the camera on her and drew back the recurve and drilled her. She ran about 60 yards before piling up, with a double lung shot. I probably could have waited for her to get more in the center of the camera frame, but she was getting nervous so as soon as I seen her in the flip out screen of the camera, I decided it was now or never. It was my first kill on video, and I am PUMPED:D

By the way, I did see 4 bucks tonight, but nothing of legal PA size. Just some little basket racks....

JP

·
Registered
275 Posts
That IS cool JP! I need to become a little more proficient off camera before I start filming my shots....but maybe someday.

BTW, I couldn't get your link to work

M...

·
Registered
68 Posts
What is holding your camera while you shoot? I filmed some grounghog hunting this year with a tripod, or off a haybale. The camera really shakes when a rifle goes off 2 feet away! What are you using in a tree? Are you hunting on the ground?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bja105, I used a homemade tree pod that I made of aluminum. Here is a picture of it before I camoed it. I was hunting from a tree about 17 feet off of the ground. I'm going to upload the video here in a minute,(it'll take awhile on my 56K) so stay tuned for the link....

JP

Attachments

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Congrats man! Nice video too! ;)

I'd say ya need a cameraman to zoom in and get all that action up close. But...for running it yourself...you did a damn good job! LOL I like the quick camera grab and center to the deer running away...surprised you even thought of that after the shot! :)

Good stuff man, keep it comin!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Send me some backstrap!

Get that tape finished and stop foolin around! Tomorrows another day, hammer another nanny for the cam crew!
Awesome JP.....

We will have our Viewers pics page up by Wednesday so check us out again soon...Indian Creek Bowhunters so anyone with some pics for the public go to our site and Steve has an email llink,,, sendem on, name and state please!

Congrats on the footage

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool video. I need to quit seeing and hearing about all this stuff because my wife is going to shoot me if I buy anything else for hunting this year and there so still muzzle and rifle season to go. Not to mention turkey, grouse and rabbit.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Congrats on the bowkill. I'm downloading the video to watch later. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice deer, and after reading your other thread about the string on your compound breaking the day before, really glad to see you were still successful!

Sounds like you were hunting in my neck of the woods, btw! (I'm about 30mi. east of E Liverppol on rte. 30). Didnt see anything myself Sat (day was cut short for other plans)... did see a couple nice deer yesterday while on the road witht he wife, a nice 10pt crossed on the road in front of me at about 7pm, and about 10min later seen about 4 or 5 does, and a decent 8pt grazing on a hillside along I-79. Hopefully I'll get out this afternoon/evening and see something.

Congrats again. should be some good eats for ya!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where you at exactly Rebel420? The Cranberry area ? Thinking maybe someday getting together for some arrow slingin while the season is still young. I think I could use another guy on my movie crew. My partner broke his ribs and dislocated his shoulder Sunday night playing football, so his arrow slinging for the year is more than likely over.:rolleyes:

JP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts