Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best point tip to use on some indoor 2312's??

Assuming I need about 180 grains total up front -- I would have to melt about 80 grains of solder in the nibbs and bullet points if I go that route.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Weighing and melting solder? Sounds like too much work to me, lol :D! I'd suggest going with the CDM's first and the PDP's second (although I am currently using PDP's in my 2312's, only thing available at the time, they work, but heaven forbid you try to wrench the weight down too hard because it snaps off :eek: !). The screw-in weight system on the Flitemates just seems to be more "sturdy", imo.

>>--------->

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ya I did the custom weight points ONCE :p It's a pain to get them to way all the same. Then it's a drag when 1 or 2 come loose and they rattle around in your arrow :mad:

If you get PDP's or CDM's use loctite in the weight mods cuz they WILL come loose otherwise ;)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
PDP would be the easiest to get your weight in a quick and fairly accurate way. You can order 60 gr pts for the 2312 and they have up to 100 gr modules. This is what I use in my 2312's for indoor. 60 gr pt, 100 gr ad on weight for a total of 160 grs.
I use a bit of hot melt on the threads when screwing them together. Never had one come loose.

Sean

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Sean, is the 100gr add-on weight a fairly new thing? If not, where by chance did you get ahold of those. I thought when I read over some info last year on a retailers website - before ordering my PDP's - that for a 2312 shaft/point a 50gr add-on was the largest available. Hence I had to build up to 180 using 2-50gr and 2-10gr. Makes for a long shank sticking back into the shaft that way and lots more opportunity to snap off the threads screwing the components together (hence I also have a couple put together with 1-50gr, 5-10gr, and 4-5gr, lol :D!). Sure would be easier to get up to 180gr if I could toss in a 100gr first and then add-on a couple 10gr's.

Thanks...................................:)

>>--------->

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
CHPro

You are correct the 100 grain weight is only fits shafts 2412 and larger. It is even listed that way in the NEW Lancaster catalog.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Thanks BH, same retailer I was referencing as well :)! Made me think maybe Sean had a different source, not carried by Lancasters, or that PDP had opted to come out with a 100gr add-on for the 2312 since I purchased mine last winter.

>>--------->

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sorry guys, I was seeing 2613 and writing 2312 ??
:confused:

Whoops!

100's do not fit 23 size points.

I knew I couldnt really type that fast. LOL

Sean

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend told me about the solder trick. But considering I'm not in the mood for any extra work at the moment ... :) .... I'll give the CDM's or PDP's a try.

Thank you much for the help guys ....

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
CHPro

Yeah I kind of got excited too. I am trying to decide between 2314's and 2413's. But I am leaning towards the 24's because of the 100grain weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts