Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is, and being my first one and taking it with my four year old present is all the better. The shot started out perfect but at the time of release it turned to hell in a hand basket and ended up with a piss poor shot that I would have turned away from. Ended up gut shooting him and it was in the evening so we decided to let him be and come back in the morning. So this morning we come back and find him a little over 100 yards from the shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah... Bow Tech Extreme Solo, ICS Beaman TreeBark 400, and 100 Grain Wasp Jackhammer....

Attachments

·
I'd rather be hunting!
1,894 Posts
Good job and congrats! You did good waiting until today or you probably would have lost him. Most guys don't have that kind of patience.... especially when it is their 1st!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I knew I had to wait for at least 8 hours, and I did get that information from this Website. But let me tell you what, I had the worst stomach ache last night and replaying the shot over and over in my head. Did feel better when we found the deer this morning.....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cograts

Congrats on the deer ,great story,you said the little guy was present when ya shot her? or for the retrive the next morning.Great job......

·
74,535 Posts
Special Day for sure

Love that smile on that youngman. I see many hunting adventures ahead in future. Great job giving us the tested in field equipment. Congradulations.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Congrats man! And I'm glad the info on here helped you make a great decision on waiting overnight to followup on the shot!

Good job!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The little man was with me inside the blind. Everything worked out great and boy was I relieved to find him this morning. Oh my boy is going to be one heck of a hunter. Today he even got really really upset when I took the deer to get processed and I had him wait in the Jeep. Oh he wanted to see them butcher the deer up. He was so mad that he was crying and he actually got out of the Jeep and started to come inside when I was coming out the door. He really wanted to see what was going to happen. Looking forward to many years afield with this little guy.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Nice little buck.. your son seems proud.

Hope I can fill a few tags. I'm a bowhunter only. Affords me alot of tags to fill compared to rifle and extended season.;)

Maybe this year I will get lucky and stalk up really close on something.:)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Congratulations on hte buck, and even more on giving it time. Your sons got a good teacher to help him grow into a hunter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts