Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a decent buck, shot with the Leaf River DC-6SS set to the lower flash setting (ISO 100). This cam has already proved itself to be an improved model over the DC-2's from last season. It does indeed have a faster trigger and an improved and wider beamed sensor. It's a good cam for anyone interested in spending just a bit less than the $400 the popular Cudde costs.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another pic of the big guy. All together, I've collected 9 different images of this animal. Lets hope he sticks around??? These pics are being shot just off the edge of an Oat plot.

Here's a pic of a young lil' guy that I've got several pics from. He certainly shows some interesting potential. I know I'm extremely curious to see what he does with a couple more years on him???

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
nice leaf river buck? Where I'm from I call that a Monsterous buck. Holy smokes. Awesome deer.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Them are some awesome deer. Good luck this season.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Ill Buck

Christmas Cornfed, what do you think he will gross, 180? Very little deducts.

I hope you get a crack at him this season. Those dog killer fronts are pretty cool.

Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Excellent pics, as always. Good arguement for flash spooking deer. On this big boy he doesn't seem to be so spooked that he left the area. The young'un has some definite character as well.Thanks for sharing!:cocktail:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would have to call that a monster instead of a decent buck. But he is a great buck and good luck.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Looks like the LR is doing its job. Nice buck I hope we see a picture of him on the ground with an arrow hole through him.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I'd say the bigger buck needs at least another 2 years under his belt before you should harvest him:wacko: :eek3: :whistle:

In all seriousness though, that is one HELL of a typical deer and that younger guy sure holds A LOT of potential for the future, you could definitely wind up with an absolute freak on your hands. One thing at a time though lol, hope you get a crack at the bigger buck this fall.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. I was certainly pleased when I seen the first pic of this big guy but ater seeing several of them through the 2.4" view screen, I couldn't wait to get home and see them full sized! I was certainly impressed with the animal and the new LR cam. You never know, anything could happen but honestly I'd be shocked to get more photos of this guy, let alone to be able to get a shot at him. It's interesting to note that the animal is living in a fairly small timbered/brushy patch of about 100 acres BUT this property is totally surrounded by a few hundred acres of standing corn and about 300 acres of CRP that swings around the timber before you get to the corn. It certainly creates a unique habitat and one that seems to be favorable for producing big whitetails. Add all this to the fact that we simply have no intrest in shooting immature deer and it's become a decent place to see some great deer over the course of the year.

Thanks again guys. I knew that several of you would enjoy the pix.

·
Registered
879 Posts
That sure is a gorgeous whitetail Corn....best of luck chasing BUCK RACKENSTEIN :eek:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Checked the Cuddeback yesterday that was set just to the North (about 150 yards) of my LR but it hadn't captured any images on this animal. I was really hoping to get him with the Cuddeback as well just to compare image quality. Maybe he'll show up this next week to show off his newly polished horns.... we'll see?

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Cornfed - Great pictures! I would like to see one of him hard horned, looks to have a couple of character points low on the bases that should make some dandy rubs this fall.:wink:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GSLAM,

You can bet I'll be trying to get a hard horned pic of him over the next couple of weeks. If I get one I'll send it to ya bud. He should be able to tear up some rubs this year with thoses wicked stickers!

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Good Luck and I will look forward to seeing some pictures..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts