1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
July 30th-August 1st 2004, Windham Mountain, Windham New York

3-D unmarked 40 target course....money class $5,000 in prize money

3-d marked......40 target course

20 target 3-d marked/ 600 round combination ....money class $5,000 in prize money

On Monday the 25th I will have the entry forms, information on lodging. What is in the area, there is a lot to do. It is a family area from horseback riding to zoos,a waterpark,golf all kinds of stuff. On would need to book and register early. Rooms go real fast and shoot times fill up even faster......

Working with GRIV we will have a link on the site that contain all the information you will need. Looking forward to 2004 and a heck of a tournament and a great get together!

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
!!!!

Hope nobody minds.....I thought this needed to stay at the top!!:D ............................PUG

·
Registered
982 Posts
Sweet!! I'll be there with my bud's nxt year. What is a 600 round? Outdoor FITA?

·
Registered
236 Posts
No Hunter class? regardless, i want to go.....I know in previous threads I said I didnt want to travel cross country but I thought the shoot was taking place this year!

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
pINWHEEL,
I've decided that it's time I started traveling to the money tournaments ..................it's guys like you that make it possible.
Don't know if I'll win any at first,but It's time to go for it.
I hope this is a trend thatstarts to open up and catches on..................I think it will.
I'm Thinking I might try one on a smaller scale at my place and see how it goes(lots of room for a 900 round).
It will be marked yardage anyway,no matter the format.And like you said,when there's money involved,people will show.
If more archers began to do this sort of thing,spot shooters
could certainly begin to enhance their incomes.
when it gets to the point that there are shoots all over the place
there will be winnings for everyone,not just the super-pros.
I hope this is a sign of things to come.
Jerry

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
PSE normally pete runs IBO events, so there will be a HC, however the money is just that, everyone who shoots for money, one big happy group, shoot what bow you brought and have at it.

600 round is 20 arrows at 40,50,60 yards, big colored target (not sure of the size).

--Bob

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
hc class

Thanks Bob, well put. Money...bring it, shoot it, fling it whatever it takes as long as it does not have a stock.

PSE_Maverick there will be a hunter class in all 4 events. That is one of the biggest classes going so it woiuld be imperative to have that class. I have had alot of people wanting to book rooms and get things going so it looks to be quite a tourney. Should be one of the biggest in the Northeast next year. :D

The 600 round target face will be the same as Atlantic City. I want to get it straight, Will AC be using a new 90cm face or will they be using the already established 92cm face. Seemd silly to come up with a new face. (I hear rumours of the new 90cm face would be nice to know):rolleyes:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Let me know if you want help running down other corporate sponsors.

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
new tournament

This sounds like a great tournament considering that the NFAA Nationals/IFAA World Field will be in Watkins Glen, NY from July 19-23. Some of us on the West coast are thinking of doing a month. NFAA Nationals, July 19-23, NAA Nationals (Reading, PA), July 25-30, then the Canadian Nationals Target (Caledon, ON), August 3-6. It might be possible to squeeze in this shoot also. I hope so. Let me know when the official website is up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
money shooters

Pete what days do the money shooters have to shoot for the unmarked 3-d just so i know how many days to reserve a room.
Pat Hlavna

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Sounds Like a Lot of Fun!

Wish it wasn't the weekend following Watkins Glen but maybe I can talk Suzi into it. I hear her now. "You mean I just shot for five straight days and you want me to shoot two more the following weekend???" LOL
Jbird

P.S. The target face they have been shooting in AC is 122 CM.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ac target

Jbird AC is going to a new face for 2004. Going with a smaller face and shooting 40, 50, 60 yards.

Hope you guys can make it....

3spot: same as this year assigned times starting at 8:00am Sat (Groups of 3), Peer grouped and shotgun start at 8:00am Sun

Tim Z: registration will begin on Monday. Iwill post all the information as well as hotel rooms and other info.

stew1tx: I will PM you, actually going to a shoot this weekend andlook to actually shoot a range this year should be fun. Going to Tupper Lake.....see if I can put the boots to T Mead....:p ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
THE BIG TIME IN 2004

DO YOU HAVE TO SHOOT EVERYTHING OR WILL IT BE INDIVUAL EVENTS .....I SUCK AT UNKNOWN YARDAGE ???!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
What would be the nearest airport. Also I'm a 3-d man so I don't have a clue what a 600 round is>>LOL! Please explain.
Thanx

1 - 20 of 36 Posts